By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people think ps4 will sell as much as ps2?

What's your reaction to this?

LIAR! 1 6.25%

NOOOOOO!!!!!! 3 18.75%

IT CAN'T BE 1 6.25%

Wait, did I ever care! 3 18.75%

SALES SALES!!!!!! 2 12.50%

It'll 3891283120% sure sell over ps2!!!!!! 2 12.50%

:P 1 6.25%

:P 1 6.25%

RSTLNE 0 0%

I'm shocked! 2 12.50%

Total:16

There no reason to this gen to be shorter then others one ,it's definitly possible to ps4 to outsell ps2 in europe and usa but it japan no but maybe other country like Vhina will replace the difference between ps4 and ps2 sale in Japan.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Only a very very small minority of people believe the PS4 will achieve 150m+ sales. Certainly not enough to justify a thread like this ^^;

Thread needs to be locked, OP is just a spammer, with little content and look at those poll options!

jetforcejiminy said:
spurgeonryan said:
Because if could last a long time. Not sure why you say it will not.

Sales are superior right now!
The hype will continue to bring devs and games and sales!

Wii U worse than GC, and X1 worse than 360. Perfect environment!

xbone will not do substantially worse than 360 b/c microsoft is willing to lose billions to make sure it doesn't. wii u will sell at around gc levels. ps4 will not be on market for 13+ yrs. fifa will not come out on ps4 in 2025.

Are they really though?

Not only is Xbox not even core, they only time there price drop/deals have paid off is in holidays. They aren't spending money just to sell it, they are trying to make it competitive enough and have a big enough user base to be self-sufficient more or less.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ExplodingBlock said:
platformmaster918 said:
launch aligned its ahead

The OP said that this will be a short gen and will PS4 will not last nearly as long as PS2

Hopefully gens will start sticking around like gen 7 now (maybe a year shorter).  I hate when I get something then we're already waiting for the next one.  Let's enjoy it and the companies like it because they get more profits.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

OP is pretty poor quality and I don't even know what is going on with those polls, so it's getting a locking.

mZuzek said:
Because it's selling ridiculously well and PlayStation consoles always have strong legs even in short generations. I think it can do 120m+ at least.

people in 2008/2009 predicted even higher for the wii and then 2011 happened. it's silly to extrapolate from a year on the market how much it will sell over 4-6 yrs. i'm not sure ps4 will outsell the wii this year, maybe it sells comparably well. but there's a saturation point that's going to be reached sometime early in the third year. console gaming sales have a very real ceiling, and 360/wii/ps3 all hit it last gen. the ps2 would have hit the same ceiling if it hadn't stayed on the market for so damn long. same with the ds (which was out for 8+ yrs).

Because it's off to such a great, record breaking start.

What said people aren't taking into account is the loss of the 20m+ in Japan that PS2 amassed and the fact that the XB1 is going to be a far stronger competitor for Sony in NA than all of the Playstation 2's competition put together.