By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Many predicted an official Nintendo price cut on the Wii U by now

When will this 'second coming of Christ' type event happen?

Before Xmasizzle 2014 ....Bro! 4 5.63%

Early 2015 20 28.17%

When Op says 5 7.04%

Black Friday 2015 13 18.31%

Another year 6 8.45%

Over Reggienators cold dead body! 11 15.49%

If above option never happens....never 2 2.82%

When Wii is discontinued 7 9.86%

Other post below 0 0%

See results...No peeking till Xmas! 3 4.23%

Total:71
vextrex said:
Maybe, but i think the gamepad is not that bad and its an asset for the wii u, and the wii u will probably focus by now on amiibo's compatible games, and we need the gamepad for that

Both Skylanders and Disney Infinity dont need the Gamepad for their NFC functionallity, nor do amiibo on 3DS. An adapter could easily have been made.

Its not that I hate the Gamepad, their is just no reason it needed to be bundled with WiiU. Nothing on WiiU really screams NEEDS GAMEPAD!!! It could have been an optional thing for remote play and better with Gamepad etc.

Around the Network

I predict March with the announcement taking place during a February direct.

It should be clear that Ninty isn't in the console warz horse race. They want to make a very healthy margin on each system sold whereas their competitors or OK with smaller margins or even taking losses in MS's case.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

vextrex said:
Maybe, but i think the gamepad is not that bad and its an asset for the wii u, and the wii u will probably focus by now on amiibo's compatible games, and we need the gamepad for that

Not really. If they make a GamePad-less SKU, they could just make a new Pro Controller or Wiimote with an NFC chip built into it. I doubt that chip is all that expensive. 

Its currently at a decent price tbh, however I think if it did get a price cut it will be after E3 2015, probably closer to holiday 2015 for $249.99, either that or Nintendo will make the 32GB model $249.99 and offer a different SKU with more memory and different games for $299.99

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.