By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash for Wii U has potentietly has a system breaking bug!!!*Update* seems to be a factory error with your Wii U system and not caused by Smash.

shit what does the text say

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
Cobretti2 said:

On a side note they still havent released a fix for the mario kart 8 bug which prevents me form uploading to youtube.

That has already been fixed.

oh ill have to check it out.  I want to resume playing the game ahha. Thanks for letting me know. Last I checked was still no news.

Thanks for doing the research on this. It's good to know that it's not directly to do with the game. I hope all the publicity doesn't hurt Smash. Having not bought it yet, I'll have to admit the news made me hesitate.

I hope that Nintendo can at least do something to reduce or eliminate the chance of these errors happening in the future.

I never had this error on my WiiU.
Actually, I never find any error message from the console. The only situation I found an error was when I updated it on a secondary account (I have two accounts, one Brazilian for Miiverse use and a Canadian one for Eshop purchases), and some of the Just Dance 4 dlcs were not made available for he other account. Weird! But a simple re-downloading solved the issue

So can this be patched or are we going to need to send units back in? That's what I want to know.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
So can this be patched or are we going to need to send units back in? That's what I want to know.

That's not clear at the moment. Google 'error code 160-0103', and you'll see that this problem has been around since launch, but it's  rare. It seems to have got more attention because Smash has just been released. It's been caused by a number of games, not just Smash, and has even been caused by Wii U Chat. Last year, one user was unlucky enough to get the error message on a brand new console (Zelda bundle), and couldn't even complete the initial configuration.

My guess (which may be wrong of course) is that if it's rare, we'll probably be sending the units in.

DexInDaJungle said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Guys. This is one small ass issue that will most likely be fixed very shortly. This is not a reason to not buy Smash and this is certainly not as bad as the issues MCC or AC are having. I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. We don't even know if it's widespread!

Wait, I don't get it. How is this not as bad? I bought Halo and was quite disappointed that the online was broken but I could just put it away till it got patched and played something else. Here in this case, some people are getting bricked consoles preventing them from playing anything on their Wii U. Regardless of how widespread it is, things like this should never happen.

I know for certain I will be waiting for a patch to come out before I touch Smash.

Wait, I don't get it. So there wasn't a reason to start believing that somehow this error that was affecting a very small amount of people propelled Smash to the same level of brokenness as Halo MCC, Driveclub, and AC?

You weren't the only one, but I think we can all agree that a lot of people were FISHING pretty hard to find some groundbreaking bug with Smash. Maybe to try and prove a point? Maybe because some people are upset that these huge studios are releasing broken as hell games, so these same people want to assume that if these studios are having trouble releasing working games, then everyone, including Nintendo, must also be having trouble? I'm sorry. Maybe my fanboy is peeking out right now, but it's like everyone WANTED Smash to be broken. Everyone on this thread was so happy to assume that this error (which we hardly knew anything about) was an absolutely devastating issue with the game and made it virtually unplayable.

I just think people were trying to strip Nintendo of its one, indisputable, positive quality: its game making. Yes, Nintendo blows at marketing, they blow at getting third party developers to publish on their console, they blow at making their hardware look impressive. THEY ARE STUCK IN THE PAST! But they are good as shit at making games. You don't even have to say these games are fun! You don't even have to say that these games are good! But you do have to say that Nintendo releases polished products time after time after motherfucking time. So let's give credit where credit is due in this mess of a game industry. Maybe instead of advertising the shit out of a game, developers should spend that money on testing and debugging.

Rant over.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
DexInDaJungle said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Guys. This is one small ass issue that will most likely be fixed very shortly. This is not a reason to not buy Smash and this is certainly not as bad as the issues MCC or AC are having. I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. We don't even know if it's widespread!

Wait, I don't get it. How is this not as bad? I bought Halo and was quite disappointed that the online was broken but I could just put it away till it got patched and played something else. Here in this case, some people are getting bricked consoles preventing them from playing anything on their Wii U. Regardless of how widespread it is, things like this should never happen.

I know for certain I will be waiting for a patch to come out before I touch Smash.

Wait, I don't get it. So there wasn't a reason to start believing that somehow this error that was affecting a very small amount of people propelled Smash to the same level of brokenness as Halo MCC, Driveclub, and AC?

You weren't the only one, but I think we can all agree that a lot of people were FISHING pretty hard to find some groundbreaking bug with Smash. Maybe to try and prove a point? Maybe because some people are upset that these huge studios are releasing broken as hell games, so these same people want to assume that if these studios are having trouble releasing working games, then everyone, including Nintendo, must also be having trouble? I'm sorry. Maybe my fanboy is peeking out right now, but it's like everyone WANTED Smash to be broken. Everyone on this thread was so happy to assume that this error (which we hardly knew anything about) was an absolutely devastating issue with the game and made it virtually unplayable.

I just think people were trying to strip Nintendo of its one, indisputable, positive quality: its game making. Yes, Nintendo blows at marketing, they blow at getting third party developers to publish on their console, they blow at making their hardware look impressive. THEY ARE STUCK IN THE PAST! But they are good as shit at making games. You don't even have to say these games are fun! You don't even have to say that these games are good! But you do have to say that Nintendo releases polished products time after time after motherfucking time. So let's give credit where credit is due in this mess of a game industry. Maybe instead of advertising the shit out of a game, developers should spend that money on testing and debugging.

Rant over.

Yes I was fishing, I wanted Nintendo to have a fuck up so that I couldn't play the games that I paid $60 for. Maybe I was just worried that MAYBE JUST MAYBE there was a problem that people weren't exactly certain about and that MAYBE it could happen to me causing my $300 console to brick. Why would I want my games to be broken lol I was simply making a point that a game that has the potential to make my console useless is a little bigger than a game that has broken matchmaking, at least that is how I see it. I don't care how big the problem is.

And yes, now that we have a little more info we know that consoles were bricked because people attempted to fix it themselves but let's be honest, even Nintendo has hiccups, just look at Pokemon X/Y last year. Within the first few days of the games release people encountered a bug in one of the cities that caused the game to erase your games memory forcing you to restart your game so let's stop with this Nintendo never has issues, EVERYONE has issues, Nintendo just has less. Is that because they are more careful, they take more time wth their games? Could be, and should they be commended for it? Sure, why not.

I'm just the type of person who would rather be safe than sorry, all I said was that I'd wait for the problem to be resolved till I played the game. That's just how I deal with these problems, that is how I dealt with Halo as well. I didn't go around telling people not to buy the game or flame Microsoft/Nintendo for it.