By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All PS4 & XBOX ONE GAMES: 295 vs. 205

Fibbage is on PS4? Did not know that, thank you Lord Lichtenstein.

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
Fibbage is on PS4? Did not know that, thank you Lord Lichtenstein.

You are most welcome :)

Fun fact - it's my real name P****** Lord Lichtenstein.

The PS4 having "no gaemz" is complete and utter b.s., no matter what angle you come at it with. If the Xbox One had the exact amount of PS4 games, I'm sure most Xbox gamers would praise it as having "variety" and still continue to say that "we have just as many or more than you".

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
The PS4 having "no gaemz" is complete and utter b.s., no matter what angle you come at it with. If the Xbox One had the exact amount of PS4 games, I'm sure most Xbox gamers would praise it as having "variety" and still continue to say that "we have just as many or more than you".

This of course relies on the false assumption that only an "Xbox gamer" could/would say the PS4 has no games. I know plenty of diehard PS3 users who haven't upgraded yet because they see no reason to.

LudicrousSpeed said:
VXIII said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
VXIII said:
Only shows how blind and out of reality the claim of "no games" is. Such a strong first year for both consoles.

Good thing people can have opinions and not be wrong. For example I see fuck all on that list of PS4 games that would make me wanna buy the console. Which is where the whole "no games" stuff comes from. Someone else might look at the Xbone list and say the same thing.

It is not up to opinions. "No games" means no games. If it was "no games that appeal to me" then you are right.

Edit: It is well known where the whole "no games" stuff comes from btw

I am right regardless, what youre describing is just a wish for people to clarify its their own opinion. Which, given the alternative is that they would be trying to say there are literally zero PS4 games ever made, it should be blatantly obvious. Getting worked up over that would be like getting worked up over someone not putting "imo" after they say Two and a Half Men is an amazing show.

You might want them to put "imo" after that, but them not putting it there doesnt change what they are trying to say. Your personal etiquette for communication doesnt override theirs.

Interesting...

So stating an opinion as a fact, even though it is completely false, is not the speaker fault anymore. It is the listener fault for not understanding it perfectly. Even though the words are clear and simple...

Expressing opinion has its context in any language, I don't know why I even have to explain this honestly. "this movie is great" you can tag along "imo" or not it is clearly an expression of opnion. " it has no games imo" doesn't even makes sense. The words used are stating a measurable fact, except it is false.

The only obvious thing about the statement is the "console war" mentality behind it.

I do think we stayed off-topic long enough "imo" xD

Edit: Ps4 has no controller... as in I don't like the DS4 at all

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
VXIII said:

I have seen the statement used a lot not in metaphorical way. It shouldn't be hard to spot really.

I believe both views to a degree are narrow minded because both parties understands what the other means but refuses to acknowledge it. I do believe its always metaphorical though.

Maybe, I don't claim to be always right. But stating something completely false to make it sound as a fact, even though it can objectivly measured, can never be understood as opnion. It is juat self indulgence... If not trolling of course.

Ps4 has no hard disk... What I really meant that 500gb hard disk is not enough for my gaming needs. Am I doing this right?  

White is Multiplat, yellow is exclusive, but whats black?

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Ah, so we've now moved from the numerical interpretation to the subjective opinion. The only problem the subjective angle is it only favours a person with ONE subjective opinion and can't possibly represent the subjective opinion of millions of other gamers. In fact, looking at subjectivity from an objective standpoint, it is more likely that having 64 more games equals more variety. So therefore it's likely that a much larger percentage of PS4 owner (and prospective PS4 owners) are subjectively correct in the statement, 'the PS4 has MORE games', even if you pretend the numerical debate was a smokescreen and it was never what people meant when they said 'the PS4 has no games'.

The PS4 has MORE games than the XB1 numerically AND subjectively.

The PS5 Exists. 

JayWood2010 said:

Its like this, Ouya has over 1000 games.  Did you know that?  But how many are actually interesting?  That number considerably shrinks.  The same can be said about ios and mobile games where there are thousands of games being released a day.  If all you want is the most games to release on a device, then you might as well be playing mobile games

I can tell you from personal experience that that number is quite low indeed.

This list shows why my PS4 has been on damn near every single day since I picked it up on launch day. Plenty of games in the first year for BOTH consoles.

The no gaemz argument should die for either side should be a dead horse by now.