By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Dominates PS4 by OVER 300k in November in the US

1. VgChartz Data
2. Preliminary VgChartz Data

But I expect the results to be similar give or take 100k in the end.
XBO should have outsold the PS4 2:1 this month with all its sales and price cuts. Sony could easily take back whatever lead Microsoft gained if they win in the following weeks leading up to Xmas. That's if they can keep their bundles in stock though. Amazon is still out of stock of the $399 bundle while the $329 XB1 Unity bundle sits comfortably at #2 on the best-sellers chart. It's not looking good for Sony this holiday. Microsoft is clawing back and taking back some marketshare in the US. Sony needs to step up its game and show off the PS4s power, exclusives and features. If Microsoft keeps the XBO price below that of the PS4, it will be a huge barrier for Sony. Price isn't everything but is probably the biggest factor in systems like these that are so similar.

Around the Network

I wonder if this includes the weekend's numbers.

XB1 had a really strong start on BF at Target for sure, but once the special promotion finished and Target pretty much sold out of XB1 stock, the PS4 also pretty much sold out the stacks of consoles over the weekend.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
I wonder if this includes the weekend's numbers.

XB1 had a really strong start on BF at Target for sure, but once the special promotion finished and Target pretty much sold out of XB1 stock, the PS4 also pretty much sold out the stacks of consoles over the weekend.

Some of those PS4 sales will be moved to December NPD since the Nov NPD period ended on the 29th.

OT: This is preliminary data from VGC. It's a double whammy, so I'm just going to wait for Nov NPD results to be leaked.

Demesne said:
heyjew said:
Playstation Experience needed to happen a week before Black Friday, not after.

No its timing is just right.  PS sales are always biggest in Dec, PS is a global brand and sony is not desperate to win a month in a market or two for PR purposes.  

All the more reason to push hardest in November and try to win over the only market you haven't won over yet. 

binary solo said:
Dominates is hardly what I'd call it. "Dominates" would be appropriate if the 300K gap was Xb one sells 600K and PS4 sells 300K. That's domination.

When the 300K margin represents just a 22% difference or a sales ratio of 1.27:1 that is significant, but not dominant.

In the context of how the first 10 months played out it's an impressive result for Xb one.

I agree with this, While good numbers, it's not 2 -1 or 3-1. I think it's a rule that you can't use that word unless it's in that range.

Around the Network
qwertyDANIELqwerty said:
what a dark month for gaming then...

what's wrong with the xbox 1?

That's it? X1 has been on fire sale since the beginning of November.

Still nowhere close to closing the gap in it's strongest market = DOMINATION

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Well since it pretty much will win 1 or MAYBE 2 months a year with this loss-leading holiday crazy cuts strategy, PS4 will build that up again pretty quickly come January when price goes up and then February and March have big exclusives unrivaled by Xbox.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Dominates.....totally lacking context given the multiple price cuts, free games and vouchers it took to achieve a relatively narrow victory in one region. AND, as stated, preliminary numbers. From VGChartz. It sold well though, no doubt.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."