By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation China Conference December 11th. PS4 and Vita launch dates to be revealed

According to A9VG’s exclusive report, Sony Computer Entertainment will reveal PlayStation’s launch plan for People’s Republic of China during a special conference in Shanghai on 11th December. The release dates and selling prices of PS4 and PS Vita in China mainland will be announced with information of several PlayStation softwares and services.

In the invitation first and only received by A9VG so far, PlayStation China Conference will start from 1700 on 11th December, at Mercedes-Benz Arena on EXPO Avenue in Shanghai. “一切为了玩家” is the theme, which in English reads “Everything for the Players”. 

During Sony Expo on October 24th in 2014, the President and CEO of Sony Corp. Kaz Hirai invited the President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Andrew House to officially announce that PlayStation is coming to China in public for the first time.

For reference, in Asia, PlayStation 4’s release dates in Hong Kong and Taiwan are 17th and 18th of December in 2013, and the release date in Japan is 22nd February in 2014. Moreover, PlayStation Vita’s release date in Japan is 17th December in 2011, while the release date in both Hong Kong and Taiwan are 23rd December in 2011.

Before PlayStation China Conference, more information will be published in the next few days, teased by A9VG.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-4289665-1-1.html

Around the Network

i wonder how PS Vita will perform there.

Wow, they are going to launch Vita in China? Maybe they still care for the console.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wonder how Sino-Japanese relations will affect Sony and Nintendo offerings in China.

Excellent.

Around the Network

what release window can we expect?
between chinese new year and end q3 2015?

how Long was the xb1 Launch date announced before?

prinz_valium said:

I think it was like 2 months, so I guess we could see an early 2015 release.

Also, Vita?! It's aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

poklane said:
prinz_valium said:

I think it was like 2 months, so I guess we could see an early 2015 release.

Also, Vita?! It's aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

so chinese new year best case

only half a year headstart for the xb1 would be a huge win for sony.

I seriously don't get how the whole ban works here in China. I can order a ps4 from taobao (think amazon/ebay) and I've seen several stores that sell it. I guess the official launch will make it available in more places?

bananaking21 said:
i wonder how PS Vita will perform there.

Probably also be beaten by the 3DS.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.