By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox One wearable tipped for launch next year

Microsoft's next wearable is touted as a fitness tracker that syncs with your console

Microsoft has already dropped anchor in wearable bay with the recent launch of the Microsoft Band and, if new reports ring true, the tech goliath could be preparing to hit the high seas again with the launch of an Xbox One wearable device next year.

Speaking to PCR Joe Officer, head of attach at Exertis - an Xbox One supplier - said: "The wearable market is always growing and we can expect to see Microsoft rolling out a spate of devices next year in this space.

"These will be linked to the Xbox One which has loads of health and fitness apps already in it - add that to real time heart rate monitors, health bands, scales and video sensors and users will have day in, day out, real time monitoring of themselves."

The Xbox One packs in a fairly comprehensive fitness app, with programs on offer from a wide range of high-profile trainers and brands. It would make sense to have a wearable the links up to your Xbox in order to keep track of the activities you partake in when you're away from your console.

Of course, the Microsoft Health platform and the Microsoft Band could easily be integrated into the Xbox ecosystem but, let's face it, Microsoft's first fitness band is a bit of a dud.

There were already rumours that Microsoft could be launching an Xbox One VR headset in the future. Xbox boss Phil Spencer added fuel to the murmurs recently by saying, "New technologies invite us to explore new gaming world's. I believe that Kinect, voice and virtual reality are those key new elements. That's why I'm glad that Sony and Oculus are investing in VR. We're also working on an investment of our own, but it's not at a stage in which we can talk about it yet".

It will be interesting to see exactly what Microsoft has up its sleeve. Roll on 2015...

http://www.wareable.com/microsoft/microsoft-xbox-one-wearable-tipped-for-launch-529

Around the Network

While its a great idea .. Its strange to tie it to the xbox.. Why not windows itself. Or their phones? Or all of them?. nike plus has like ~20 million users but thats tied to the far more popular iphone/ipod

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

True but then again win10 will be on windows phone/PC/Tablets and XBO with the universal app store behind we can almost B sure that at least for an MS device being on one will mean being on all of the devices running win10

yea just improve the software for the existing one, i hear that is all that's wrong with it.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

endimion said:
True but then again win10 will be on windows phone/PC/Tablets and XBO with the universal app store behind we can almost B sure that at least for an MS device being on one will mean being on all of the devices running win10

Oh run-on Engrish, how will i slay thy vile encroachment upon this fair community?

A. Fight

B. Magic

C. Item

D. Run