By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to make big push for localizing Japanese games

badgenome said:
fireburn95 said:
£100 bet yakuza will be in PSEXP

You don't even know you already lost.

Ok proper friendly bet?! 

I bet in some form or another, Yakuza will be at PSexp, whether announced, or even mentioned.

your terms!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

I'm really digging the PS4 lineup for Japan next year. But almost none of them have actually been confirmed for the West yet. Some of them will get localized sure but it'll probably take a year and we might not even get a retail release. Yakuza Zero looks amazing but who knows if we'll ever get it? Persona 5 is probably going to be the best JRPG of 2015 but i'm sure it will take at least 6 months to localize. It probably won't even happen until 2016. 

Sony has a big advantage over the other two with plenty of Japanese support. They just need to take advantage of it. Plenty of Western fans love Japanese games, and they can help fill in the gaps between Sony's own first party titles. 

My two cents. 

You got a list of the titles you are looking forward to?

The ones i want most are Ys and Persona 5 and those are almost certain to be localized.

fireburn95 said:

Ok proper friendly bet?! 

I bet in some form or another, Yakuza will be at PSexp, whether announced, or even mentioned.

your terms!

Deal! Loser has to begin every post with "I love Kresnik!" for a month.

I disagree

Why? Because all of japan needs to do it not only sony. We need more japanese games on all systems even PC.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
fireburn95 said:

Ok proper friendly bet?! 

your terms!

Deal! Loser has to begin every post with "I love Kresnik!" for a month.

Deal!

fireburn95 said:

Deal!

I honestly don't know whether I want to win or lose.

Aj_habfan said:
How much power does Sony have in this situation? Because it's other companies that are developing/publishing these titles.

They managed to get a lot of Japanese third parties to get their titles localized on Vita.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

lol i think the title should be

If Japanese Devs want to stay more relevant they need to localise.

Cobretti2 said:
lol i think the title should be

If Japanese Devs want to stay more relevant they need to localise.

This^

All Japanese devs have plenty of games that should be localised.

Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Capcom, Namco Bandai, Square Enix, list goes on.

I feel it is because Japanese games became very niche last gen for the western audience, plus Japanese devs dont spend as much as western devs, they usually need another party to publish their games.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda