By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like PS4 will be #1 for Black Friday

Nate4Drake said:
maverick40 said:
I still think Xbox one will win black friday and november. They have to.

Not sure about BF, but yes, MS should have Nov NPD in their hands; with those price cuts and free games, even WiiU would have competed in Nov NPD, this for sure.

Wasn't PS4 $329 in some places, and had 2 games packed in bundles?

Doesn't seem as one sided as you make out.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Nate4Drake said:
maverick40 said:

Not sure about BF, but yes, MS should have Nov NPD in their hands; with those price cuts and free games, even WiiU would have competed in Nov NPD, this for sure.

Standard price for the main PS4 Bundle was $399, GTAV and TLOU. Standard price for the AC X1 Bundle is $329.  Also MS have been giving free games into bundle and price cut since Nov 1st. Don't you agree ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Seece said:
Nate4Drake said:
maverick40 said:

PS4 was 329$(without games) only at ebay and stock was just 7k. Standard for PS4 is 400$ with two games and XB1 is 329$ with two games (it had 50$ gift card too at Target where it sold most and fast without limited stock like ebay on BF) along with 329$ with three games(2 from bundle + 1 from store) from MS Store.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

DexInDaJungle said:

[...]

For some dumb reason I thought November had 31 days xD Thanks for pointing that out to me, makes much more sense now.

Is Cyber Monday a thing outside North America? I assume it would be?

Big store chains are trying Cyber Monday here in Italy, and I guess in the rest of Europe too, but it's just alittle bigger than a normal Monday, and being so close to Xmas it's difficult to tell whether it has some effects that wouldn't happen anyway in this season.
But in Austria and here in Italy, particularly in the regions bordering Austria, we have "Advent Markets" during the Advent period, here in Italy their highlight is arount the 8th December, the Catholic Feast of Immaculate Conception. These markets usually focus more on typical food, handcraft products and toys, but big store chains usually exploit the fact most people start go shopping for Xmas in these days to make their last special offers before raising prices again as Xmas approaches (this latter thing to squeeze money out of people that waited too long and then can't delay purchases anymore). Also in some regions, particularly some parts of Lombardy, the traditional day to give gifts to children is Saint Lucia's Day, on 13th December.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DexInDaJungle said:

[...]

For some dumb reason I thought November had 31 days xD Thanks for pointing that out to me, makes much more sense now.

Is Cyber Monday a thing outside North America? I assume it would be?

Big store chains are trying Cyber Monday here in Italy, and I guess in the rest of Europe too, but it's just alittle bigger than a normal Monday, and being so close to Xmas it's difficult to tell whether it has some effects that wouldn't happen anyway in this season.
But in Austria and here in Italy, particularly in the regions bordering Austria, we have "Advent Markets" during the Advent period, here in Italy their highlight is arount the 8th December, the Catholic Feast of Immaculate Conception. These markets usually focus more on typical food, handcraft products and toys, but big store chains usually exploit the fact most people start go shopping for Xmas in these days to make their last special offers before raising prices again as Xmas approaches (this latter thing to squeeze money out of people that waited too long and then can't delay purchases anymore). Also in some regions, particularly some parts of Lombardy, the traditional day to give gifts to children is Saint Lucia's Day, on 13th December.

Cool ! I'm from Rome, too bad I'm not in Italy right now and won't be there by tomorrow :(  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Nate4Drake said:
maverick40 said:

That was just on Ebay and it lastest a few minutes. 7000 units of stock. Microsoft have november in the bag

maverick40 said:

They have to?

KLAMarine said:
maverick40 said:

They have to?

the differences of $70 should give xbox one the edge, otherwise xbox one would never has a chance against ps4 in the coming months.  That's why it has to do it now.

Sony didnt win black friday in uk, while having no Price disadvantage and a much bigger lead there compared to us

imho ist 101% sure now, that sony also did not won the black friday week in the us

Angelv577 said:
KLAMarine said:
maverick40 said:

They have to?

the differences of $70 should give xbox one the edge, otherwise xbox one would never has a chance against ps4 in the coming months.  That's why it has to do it now.

Ah, I see.