By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like PS4 will be #1 for Black Friday

bananaking21 said:
When do sony and ms usually announce numbers?

Depends.  I think I remember some years they announced BF numbers on Sun or Mon.  Though, I looked it up for 2012 and it took them til Wed or Thurs.  Of course, then they were announcing for the entire week, not just the day.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So what does this mean. If Sony really did ship a massive shipment and it's selling out in a number of places already that could mean big things. If not they're fucked lol

that doesnt make sence. like at all.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

thismeintiel said:
bananaking21 said:
When do sony and ms usually announce numbers?

Depends.  I think I remember some years they announced BF numbers on Sun or Mon.  Though, I looked it up for 2012 and it took them til Wed or Thurs.  Of course, then they were announcing for the entire week, not just the day.

Well, Aaron Greenburg has already started the PR. However, just like the "approaching 10 million shipments" tweet from Major Nelsen, Greenburg's statements are incredibly vague.

"sales were incredible, grateful for all the support and new fans." (https://mobile.twitter.com/aarongree...54639580397568 )

"#XboxOne sold out @Target here in California, "whole pallet sold out" per employee here. #BlackFriday pic.twitter.com/NKeeoLsFxl" (https://mobile.twitter.com/aarongree...19170472247297 )

And of course the X1 would sell out in Target. I would be incredibly worried if it didn't since you get $50 of game credit from Target's deal.

FATALITY said:
Kerotan said:
So what does this mean. If Sony really did ship a massive shipment and it's selling out in a number of places already that could mean big things. If not they're fucked lol

i meant if they didn't ship big numbers and they're sold out they're fucked. Because A. not many shipped and B. took a while for them to sell out. 

But I highly doubt it. I'd say they shipped a shit ton. 

Kerotan said:

I believe it was a very massive shipment.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
FATALITY said:
Kerotan said:

i meant if they didn't ship big numbers and they're sold out they're fucked. Because A. not many shipped and B. took a while for them to sell out. 

Considering the demand for PS4s has been high through out the entire year, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't constantly be stocking up on more consoles especially around the holidays. So I have to agree with you.

DexInDaJungle said:
Kerotan said:
FATALITY said:
Kerotan said:

Considering the demand for PS4s has been high through out the entire year, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't constantly be stocking up on more consoles especially around the holidays. So I have to agree with you.

I think so. We have to wait for some figures now.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I still think Xbox one will win black friday and november. They have to.

According to Shoppertrak, BF sales were down 5.6%, while Thanksgiving day sales were up 27.3%, an overall decline in combined Thanksgiving and BF Sales of half a percent (12.29b vs 12.35b). Amazon's reporting a surge in online sales of ~24% on BF.

http://www.shoppertrak.com/media/press-release/black-weekend-trafficsales-update/

https://recode.net/2014/11/29/strong-black-friday-online-sales-give-hope-for-big-holiday-numbers/

maverick40 said:
I still think Xbox one will win black friday and november. They have to.

Not sure about BF, but yes, MS should have Nov NPD in their hands; with those price cuts and free games, even WiiU would have competed in Nov NPD, this for sure.

Harriet Tubman.