By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Zelda U seriously the only next must have Wii U title?

I want to make a question..

what is systme seller??

I though you were talking about really good games that can take the attention from a lot people..

Well the fact is that Assassins Creed Unity, Watchdigs or Driveclub aren't that greate but all of they pushed up the sells of the hardware... Hype is a capricious bitch!!

also many games sell for their trailers not for their final quality.. and we all know colorful games are percieved as a minor product compared to realistc ones.... something goes wrong on this world.. it's a shame

Around the Network

Zelda games are the only must have of any console.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

There's Xenoblade, the unannounced 3D Mario, the upcoming Star Fox game, possibly whatever game Retro Studios started working on after the last DKC, The Devil's Third, Yoshi's Woolly World, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, possibly other unannounced games.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

It is all rehashes of games you have already played on Nintendo before. The only "new" game for WiiU will be Devil's Third, and that one will flop badly because it is a low budget game with more ambition than talent or budget.

Its a given that metroid is coming and there will be new stuff unveiled next year.

Xenoblade is definitly a must-have though.

But look at it from this point of view: What did Sony have for this year? The PS4 still beasted.

Around the Network

Splatoon is one. If I had not bought a Wii U, Splatoon would have been the game that made me want one. I am sure we will see a new Animal Crossing game. And contrary to popular belief Animal Crossing is a system seller. Specially in Japan.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

There are a lot of Must haves but this is THE Must have

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Agreed^ I think Splatoon will be too. It looks like its going to be a hidden gem... Well maybe  not hidden but underselling gem :0

I wouldn't but Splatoon on the same pedistal as the former two. It's next year's Pikmin 3 or Tropical Freeze or W101. A little time waster. Who knows though. Maybe it will have enough depth and content to be the next big thing. I think it has the potencial to be in the same league as Mario Kart and Smash., for sure. But it will need a shit ton of maps, a shit ton of game modes, a shit ton of weapons, and toughest of all, a shit ton of financial success. It's an online game. It's worthless without an audience. There's also a AAA feel to those games that Splatoon absolutely does not seem have. It's the sound track, the level design, and the models. There's a feeling that the former cost a lot that the latter doesn't have.

And Nintendo is losing out bigtime by only offering 2 player local multiplayer. Splatoon looses a lot of appeal when it looks like a typical Nintendo party game, but doesn't play like one.

I think it would be better if you change the title to only "only next big IP".

AnthonyW86 said:

I think it would be better if you change the title to only "only next big IP".

This is right.

Must have is more broad, like Shovel Knight, Bayonetta 2. They are must haves for those who like their genre, but they are not such a Huge IP.

For me Star Fox, Splatoon, maybe even Devil's Third can become a must have, if they turn out to be a master piece.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

cusman said:
It is all rehashes of games you have already played on Nintendo before. The only "new" game for WiiU will be Devil's Third, and that one will flop badly because it is a low budget game with more ambition than talent or budget.

They should totally hammer that point home by calling it "NEW Devil's Third".

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3