By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

GribbleGrunger said:
GTAexpert said:

Its sales are high because of the GTA V and Far Cry 4 bundles in Europe and the launch of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I know why it's likely to be high ... but THAT high? I'm going to wait or a while.

Perhaps it is overtracked in US and undertracked in Europe.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

Don't you know how high sales can be in November? GTA V, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition obviously can have a huge effect because even though the bundles were exclusive to Europe, the games still had a massive effect on sales in the rest of the world.

If PS4 can sell 500k in a week in September with one major game, it can surely sell 740k in a week in November with 3 major games.

I'm not saying it's not possible. It's just the first time that I've looked at PS4 numbers and immediately thought 'overtracked' and not 'undertracked'. It's just a gut feeling, nothing more, and hope to hell I'm proven wrong. Until then though, I'm not going to be committing to these numbers wholeheartedly.

The PS5 Exists. 

binary solo said:
Dammit I was right that DA:I wouldn't make 1 million first week. I take no pleasure in being right because an underwhelming result here will in all likelihood mean the death of the franchise, which would be hugely disappointing to me.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41966/Global/

466k+229k+176k+136k+128k= 1,135k

Never been so happy to prove someone wrong

Were there adjustments?
I could have sworn that ps4 was at 15.1 yesterday or 14.1 or something

theprof00 said:
Were there adjustments?

Nov 22nd hardware came out +~734K to PS4

And holy moly at those PS4 SW sales

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
theprof00 said:
Were there adjustments?

Nov 22nd hardware came out +~740K to PS4

And holy moly at those PS4 SW sales

weird. I just clicked on the homepage again and it said 15.1 again. so strange.
When I just looked at it it said 14.5, but I know I saw it say 15.1 yesterday because someone posted that ps4 was at 15.5 and I corrected them.

600k sales away from 50% marketshare. holy moly I think they can actually do it!

GTA 5 and FC4 numbers are impressive!!!

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

PS4 software sales are absolutely massive.

Insane PS4 software sales.

GTA 2.2m, Far Cry 1m, DA: I 0.5m and so on. PS4 now has two 4m sellers in FIFA 15 and CoD: AW

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Yafea said:
GTA 5 and FC4 numbers are impressive!!!

Impressive and expected.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.