By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix will reveal a new console RPG that isn’t a remake in December

The Game Awards? PlayStation Experience?

Square Enix will reveal a new RPG for console that isn’t a remake sometime next month, company president Yosuke Matsuda told the latest issue of Famitsu.

“Actually, right now, we’re working on a new RPG specifically for consoles and it isn’t a remake,” Matsuda told Famitsu. “We’ll start talking about it more in December and go from there.”

Both Geoff Keighley’s The Game Awards, which promises game-related world premieres, and Sony’s PlayStation Experience, which promises new game announcements, are being held in early December, which could be the venue for this new title reveal.

Matsuda continued, “Just so we’re clear, we also still have a lot of titles in the pipeline for not just consoles, but also smartphones and PCs, and this includes games that our overseas studios are working on. I can’t talk about what platform those other titles are going to be on yet, whether they’ll be on console or mobile, but I believe we should have a wide variety of games to announce after the new year arrives.

“These are projects that began after I assumed the role of president at Square Enix. We’re going to have a lot to show for both Japan and overseas markets.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/11/square-enix-will-reveal-new-console-rpg-isnt-remake-december#CwkfsC10uoVAedZw.99

Around the Network

Probably a port from a mobile game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

December, huh! I wonder....

Sweet, Im sure its likely to be a mid tier kind of game but Im definitely on board. Cant wait to see what it is

im guessing game awards is more likely.

Around the Network

Are you sure they don't just mean a trailer for a mobile game that can be viewed on a console? I'm pretty sure by now they think that constitutes a console game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jump Festa 15 is also next month guys, being a Japanese event it could be shown there.

Hmm nice, will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Here's hoping for a new IP!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It's funny because they have to explain it's not a remake. :P

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
It's funny because they have to explain it's not a remake. :P

Dont want to get the FFVII HD or FFXII HD talk going only to dissapoint.