By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs shifts almost no copies on its Wii U launch in UK

KylieDog said:
Materia-Blade said:
KylieDog said:

This woudn't have sold well if it released day and date with the other versions, there are enough other games that prove this.

No, it would have sold pretty well if it released on time, 500k+ ltd. after all the BS, it'll struggle to reach 200k.

And what evidence is there of this, when much better games that released on time didn't sell that?

Well no game have LTD numbers yet...

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
KLXVER said:
KylieDog said:

And what evidence is there of this, when much better games that released on time didn't sell that?

Well no game have LTD numbers yet...

Every game has LTD numbers.

Well not the final one of course

And this is a surprise? Who in the right mind would choose this over Smash Bros?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

DonFerrari said:
Materia-Blade said:

bayo 2 won't stop on 350k and will end as a success. and yet again, no one is saying 350k is a success for an exclusive.

any other mp? let's see, there's quite a few that sold above 250k, and above 300k, and a few even above 350k and 400k. so, when you say a game will sell millions on other consoles (not true for 99% of games) and only 100-200k on wii u, it is downplaying. and a game released right now and onwards would do better than those old examples.

You listed so many examples of WiiU multiplats doing what you claim that I got lost. And yes, there is people claiming 350k is a sucess and that it costed very little to do so the dev is already pleased.

the site has a list, I don't have to name everything.

KylieDog said:
Materia-Blade said:
KylieDog said:

This woudn't have sold well if it released day and date with the other versions, there are enough other games that prove this.

No, it would have sold pretty well if it released on time, 500k+ ltd. after all the BS, it'll struggle to reach 200k.

some titles are on their way to 500k+. and releasing later than the multis used as example + the hype watch dogs had, it was shaping up to perform better than previous multiplats on wii u.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
And this is a surprise? Who in the right mind would choose this over Smash Bros?

I did!, not interested on Smash at all, and no PS4 or One at home to play the "better editions", so it was a good purchase, wish there was a better price for the game to compensate for the delay, but I have the money so what the hell.

Materia-Blade said:
daredevil.shark said:

No matter how you say third party games don't sell in Nintendo platform. Look at AC IV PS4 and Wii U sales. Even worse PS Vita AC Liberation sold 1 million copies where Nintendo platform failed to achieve it.

one whole example? and AC liberation was exclusive. how about talking about rayman legends?

My point was AC Liberation (PS Vita) sales > AC 3 (Wii U) sales + AC IV Black Flag (Wii U) sales. BTW rayman sold more in PS4. Not in Wii U.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70620/assassins-creed-iii/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71748/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/63598/assassins-creed-iii-liberation/

Angelv577 said:
Sorry Nintendo fans but just by looking at Bayonetta 2 sales which had everything in its favor to sell well, it didn't. Exclusive game, marketing from Nintendo, rage from the fans competitor, 90+ metascore, bundle with the 1st game. It has so far 340k and it's not in the top 75. It's obvious there weren't any chance for almost any third parties to sell well even with all the excuses that have been brought until now. I'll get it, it's a niche title which probably will be used as an excuse. Sorry but selling third parties games on Wii U is just a miracle.

Ok 

Demon Soul sold 500k during its first 8 months over the Ps3 = a success 

Bayo 2 sold 340k over 4 weeks,  it is a failure. 

I like the logic from fanboys.

flagstaad said:

I did!, not interested on Smash at all, and no PS4 or One at home to play the "better editions", so it was a good purchase, wish there was a better price for the game to compensate for the delay, but I have the money so what the hell.

spurgeonryan said:

I immediately made the choice to buy this over Smash!

Well, can't say I agree with your decisions, but it's not my money :P

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Ill get it when its dirt cheap. Kinda like the idea of having a game like this on the WiiU. Probably the first time Nintendo has gotten a GTA like game on any of their consoles I think. Lego City Undercover is probably the closest thing.