By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One year later who has the better software library overall PS4 or Xbox one?

Which console has the better software lineup so far?

Xbox One 387 51.33%

PS4 367 48.67%

Total:754

X1 Hopefully they can keep it up, which 2015 looks like a amazing year of games.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

So... you 'have to laugh' at people that don't share your opinion then?

I laugh at people, why i found something funny or weird. When do u laugh?
Do u laugh at people who belive earth is flat?

I laugh because it's mostly just used as a consolwarrior argument.
"My game runs 5 fps better and has 300.000 more pixel, but who gives a fuck about PC, where u can get a real differece"

Yes, i have to laugh about that

IMO PS4.

Overall they have better multiplats + more indies. XOne can have better exclusives atm, but with the PS Event coming up and the onslaught starting with The Order in February, it'll change too.

PS4

A few more days and XBO will finally get a good exclusive

S.T.A.G.E. said:

This is quite a silly question since history always repeats itself. Sony starts off slower than MS due to more internally made games. MS has a lot of third party pulling the weight for them and Sony's new IP's tend to go underrated until like the second iteration of them in a given generation. This is the same situation with the 360. It happens every gen. You know whats going to happen. The only thing that could surprise me is if MS holds up the momentum once Sony gains it. Once MS runs out of third party exclusives its basically all Sony generally, but I dunno, anything can happen. They are showing a lot of Rare IP's these days. Both companies will be very good, but you will see more new IP's from Sony just like you did last gen. Any Sony owner should know what its like to be patient. This is generally why I buy Xbox first, because MS generally comes out the gate with more. 

MS and Sony are like the fox and the hare essentially. Hare wins, but the fox looks good in the beginning.

Very True, thats exactly how it went on the 7th gen and how it will go this gen (at least in Sonys camp), i dont know if MS will keep the stream of games or if the X1 will slow down with the exclusives like the 360 did at the half of its life cicle.

now on my opinion i liked Sonys exclusive lineup this year more, simply because of this three games: Infamous SS,  The Last of Us Remastered (which i never played on PS3 and therefore for me counts as a new exclusive PS4 game) and Guilty Gear Xrd, add to that Little Big Planet 3 and Driveclub (and you have a lot of variety in the lineup).

for the X1 im only interested in the Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive (and even then im only interested in SO as much as i was in Rachet and Clank and i never actually bought Rachet and Clank...), also i think we should note that a lot of X1 exclusives stoped being exclusives within a year of coming out, like Plantz VS Zombies (now on PS4), Ryse (PC), Dead Rising (PC), and then we have TitanFall that was never a true exclusive since you can play it on PC since day 1... and this trend seems like it wont stop here since Tomb Raider was confirmed to be timed exclusive... (or at least thats what i heard, i hope im not wrong on that one).

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

PS4

A few more days and XBO will finally get a good exclusive

its funny that when we talk about exclusives people only seem to care about big budget western exclusives, and they pretend like the japanese exclusives dont exist (or maybe they dont even know about them), i for one greatly enjoy those japanese exclusive games (as niche as they can be) and i dont think i would like Sony half as much as i do if they didnt have the huge ammount of Japanese exclusives that complement their western exclusives, creating a LOT of variety in their Exclusive lineup.

i cant wait for this game:

ShyGuy322 said:

Wii U

- M, Carl

As is with the systems... Pretty much the same. What's better? King of Spades or King of Hearts? pretty much the same...

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

sweetoothj said:
ShyGuy322 said:
Wii U

No third party multiplat games = No bananas.

Right, cause they are all great games... Wait, what am I talking about. Most aren't even good. There have been a hand full of good multiplat games in the last year. Nearly every Nintendo game released this year has been great.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

estebxx said:

its funny that when we talk about exclusives people only seem to care about big budget western exclusives, and they pretend like the japanese exclusives dont exist (or maybe they dont even know about them), i for one greatly enjoy those japanese exclusive games (as niche as they can be) and i dont think i would like Sony half as much as i do if they didnt have the huge ammount of Japanese exclusives that complement their western exclusives, creating a LOT of variety in their Exclusive lineup.

i cant wait for this game:

Yeah Japanese 3rd party exclusives are why Im an PlayStation guy. OK to be fair I would probably still be a Sony guy if they were all on Xbox aswell because both MS and Sony's 1st parties dont intrest me all that much but at least Sony made TLoU and GT.