By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tell everyone about Your Amiibo

I am very disappointed with Amiibo. It is not as simple as just scanning the Amiibo. The set up is a freaking pain in the butt.

I can't get my amiibo to work. I feel ripped off. They are nothing more than collectibles, which I wanted anyway, but other than that I will not be buying to use in games.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:
I am very disappointed with Amiibo. It is not as simple as just scanning the Amiibo. The set up is a freaking pain in the butt.

I can't get my amiibo to work. I feel ripped off. They are nothing more than collectibles, which I wanted anyway, but other than that I will not be buying to use in games.

But you just have to touch it on the gamepad in that one place....

Nope, not that simple, I wish it was. 

I had to go into Wii U settings, register the Amiibo then go into the Amiibo settings in Smash Bros and register it there as well before I was able to use it.

Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures are much easier to use.

I am not the only to find the set up a pain-

http://www.geek.com/games/nintendos-amiibo-setup-process-is-far-from-effortless-1609295/

cannonballZ said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
cannonballZ said:

But you just have to touch it on the gamepad in that one place....

Nope, not that simple, I wish it was. 

I had to go into Wii U settings, register the Amiibo then go into the Amiibo settings in Smash Bros and register it there as well before I was able to use it.

Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures are much easier to use.

But it is simple. O_O.

Obviosly, one needs to go to amiibo part of Smash first. Put on Gamepad. Choose colour & nickname. Choose equipment to feed/ custom moves. Put on Gamepad again to Save and enjoy using.Should take less than 3 mins, unless your picky about the equipment and stuff.

That's all you have to do .

WhiteEaglePL said:

But it is simple. O_O.

Obviosly, one needs to go to amiibo part of Smash first. Put on Gamepad. Choose colour & nickname. Choose equipment to feed/ custom moves. Put on Gamepad again to Save and enjoy using.Should take less than 3 mins, unless your picky about the equipment and stuff.

Not really interested in customizing the characters, but I guess they are useless if you don't. 

Also, my Amiibo wouldn't work until I registered it in the Wii U settings menu. 

I expected it to be a bit simpler. 

Around the Network

Pikachu, kinda dissapointed though, way cheaper quality than the initial reveal versions.

cannonballZ said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

But it is simple. O_O.

Not really interested in customizing the characters, but I guess they are useless if you don't. 

Also, my Amiibo wouldn't work until I registered it in the Wii U settings menu. 

I expected it to be a bit simpler. 

You make it sound so complicated when I don't think it is.

WhiteEaglePL said:

You make it sound so complicated when I don't think it is.

Well, fact is, in comparison to competing figurines Amiibos are a bit more complicated. The other's don't really require a set up that way. 

It's not overly complicated and a lot of people will be fine with it. Especially those that love customization. 

But I am sure that I won't be the only one to find Amiibos a bit of a pain.

I have Samus and Link so far and they are about level 20. There are lots more I want to get, like Zelda, Rosalina and Ike.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Amiibos are selling pretty well. My gf had to drive to 5 different stores to find them all.

I have already purchased 15 Amiibo's and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people trying to collect them all such as myself.