By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opine: The Xbox One will “win” Holiday 2014 but has played its hand too early, PS4 to dominate 2015

aceitman said:

i do have to agree very much about ms dealing there cards to early. y ,because one they dropped there price through the holiday so its like black friday all the way till jan 1st. so u dont have to rush out and buy one , it sold alot the 1st week because its nature for people to do that when theres a hefty price drop. so now that leaves sony wide open with 2 bundles that will ONLY be sold with 2 free triple AAA  games gta5 - tlou . & lbp3 lego- batman no price drop. so there will be a lot of people buying those bundles , i feel x1 won the 1st week of nov the next 2 are in the air my guess close but sony will take it , and the last week black friday sony will dominate and sell a few hundred thousand (3-500,000 ) more than x1 and that will put november npd in the bag for sony.

and as far as the rest of the world , i guess ms is trying to take usa 1st before it attemps to try and go for the other countries.

and my take on x1 price cut going back up in jan 2015 it wont happen, i think ms just said that to real some sales in.

i dont talk that way i just write that way. it will be an interesting blackfriday this year more than any other.

Almost every advertised black friday promotion shows that the XB1 will be $50-$80 less than the PS4, even the bundles.  So why do you think that Sony has it in the bag?

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Ms won't win anything, not even november NPD.

Vgchartz numbers for Xone are totally overstimated for the first week of november by 70/100k at least.

Landguy said:

Almost every advertised black friday promotion shows that the XB1 will be $50-$80 less than the PS4, even the bundles.  So why do you think that Sony has it in the bag?

Why do you think Iphones sell better than the others smartphones ? Because they cost less ? (lol ?)

I agree, I think the XBO will win the November NPD and possibly the December one too, but then it'll go straight back to PS4 winning the NPD for another 10 months in a row.

The thing that I find amusing is that Microsoft ran $50 price reductions over the holidays on the Xbox 360 all the time, yet the PS3 kept out-selling it on a consistent basis. Why people are acting like this is the beginning of the end for the PS4, I'm not really sure. The Xbox One will do really well over Christmas and then the PS4 will dominate the first half of 2015. We've seen this cycle before.

Around the Network

And this is why we cant have nice things.

pokoko said:
The thing that I find amusing is that Microsoft ran $50 price reductions over the holidays on the Xbox 360 all the time, yet the PS3 kept out-selling it on a consistent basis. Why people are acting like this is the beginning of the end for the PS4, I'm not really sure. The Xbox One will do really well over Christmas and then the PS4 will dominate the first half of 2015. We've seen this cycle before.

If you look at what happened with the PS3/360, you will see that the PS3 also got beat soundly each holiday by the 360.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
pokoko said:

If you look at what happened with the PS3/360, you will see that the PS3 also got beat soundly each holiday by the 360.

And the PS3 still out-sold the 360 most years overall, which is my point.  The XO will do well over the holidays because of the price reduction, just as the 360 did, but the PS4 will perform better the rest of the year, just as the PS3 did.

Stopped believing this article when it said it would be 3rd place

Azerth said:
Stopped believing this article when it said it would be 3rd place

lol I was just gonna believe it too until ..i read that.

Praise the One.