By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opine: The Xbox One will “win” Holiday 2014 but has played its hand too early, PS4 to dominate 2015

pokoko said:
Landguy said:
pokoko said:
The thing that I find amusing is that Microsoft ran $50 price reductions over the holidays on the Xbox 360 all the time, yet the PS3 kept out-selling it on a consistent basis. Why people are acting like this is the beginning of the end for the PS4, I'm not really sure. The Xbox One will do really well over Christmas and then the PS4 will dominate the first half of 2015. We've seen this cycle before.

If you look at what happened with the PS3/360, you will see that the PS3 also got beat soundly each holiday by the 360.

And the PS3 still out-sold the 360 most years overall, which is my point.  The XO will do well over the holidays because of the price reduction, just as the 360 did, but the PS4 will perform better the rest of the year, just as the PS3 did.

Yes, that seems to be how it plays out.  Although, in the US, the 360 dominated year round.  It was WW that the PS3 made up all the ground in.  THis time, the XB1 will struggle to match or exceed the PS4 in the US and get whooped in the rest of the world.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Whose Opine?

Edit: I'm pretty sure Xbox One will outsell wiiU this holiday and im afraid its WiiU that will be 3rd place this gen