By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Has Made The Most Remarkable Comeback In Video Game Industry History, Better Option Than PS4 In Holiday 2014

Gamz said:
BraLoD said:
Globally in the US for you...
XBO is remaining being destroyed worldwide by the PS4 and seems like the PS4 is already ahead in US again... How can two weeks over in US be the biggest comeback in history?

Xbox brand has always been U.S. and UK market.  Sony has owned the rest, but those two are the biggest.  So this isn't different from last generation.  The U.S. is coming around and UK too.  

I believe sony is beating ms in the us right now. Its not like last gen. Sony is legitimately beating MS head to head where as last gen MS risked the quality of the 360 to get a head start on sony.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Gamz said:
BraLoD said:
Globally in the US for you...
XBO is remaining being destroyed worldwide by the PS4 and seems like the PS4 is already ahead in US again... How can two weeks over in US be the biggest comeback in history?

Xbox brand has always been U.S. and UK market.  Sony has owned the rest, but those two are the biggest.  So this isn't different from last generation.  The U.S. is coming around and UK too.  

Sorry but that's not going to happen. PS4 is up by over a million in the US. Would be an interesting prediction to guess that xb1 will overtake ps4 in us by holiday end, but it's likely not going to happen.

1M is not really that much at all.  It's really a moot point at best. 

psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:
They had to lower their price from $499 to $329 in less than a year. Kinect, yes Kinect is dead as we know it. Its still pretty bad outside of US and UK. So, please hold up on the comeback as the US is not as most see it, the world.

They took off the Kinect thus lowering it.  PS3 took off 100 bucks off their console 7 months into their release.  

They took Kinect out months ago which made it $399 and was still getting crushed.

Crushed?  No.  

Gamz said:
psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:

They took off the Kinect thus lowering it.  PS3 took off 100 bucks off their console 7 months into their release.  

They took Kinect out months ago which made it $399 and was still getting crushed.

Crushed?  No.  

my bad. Destroyed. Which lead to MS no only lowering the price again for the holidays, but giving out 2 games with it. Yep.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:

Crushed?  No.  

my bad. Destroyed. Which lead to MS no only lowering the price again for the holidays, but giving out 2 games with it. Yep.

I don't know how you define Destroyed or Crushed so if you say so.  I can see it's important to you - That's cool.  

Around the Network

To make the most remarkable comeback in industry... first you have to make a comeback.
I agree they improved their situation a lot, and that could start translating into a comeback, but this year they were outsold 2:1, and it takes them a lot to be nearly on par. for 2 weeks. Think worldwide, think about outselling on a average base, that what did the PS3, and they are very from it.

What comeback??? it is getting outsold every week worldwide LMAO, Xbox has a short spike in 1 country and the media acts like MS is going to pass ps4, the gap widens weekly. Also, sony will win NPD, here is a snippet from a major retailer for his district:

Well, guys - I wouldn't really count the month as already spoken for yet. Honestly, our districts had the big explosion of XB1 sales right at the beginning, but now, the PS4 is selling more than the XB1 again. And it's not even neck and neck for daily/weekly sales, the PS4 is selling just outright better again. And we're receiving a lot of questions about the PS4 bundles for BF, discussions about how early people are allowed to line up to be able to get those bundles...

GTA V is also selling definitively better on the PS4. We had a big rush of people picking up the console with that game. The price cut helped convince a lot of people that were on the fence right at the beginning of the month, but at this point... We'll have to see exactly how BF goes. I can't call it either way.

Gamz said:
psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:

T

Crushed?  No.  

I don't know how you define Destroyed or Crushed so if you say so.  I can see it's important to you - That's cool.  

The xbox 360 sold over 40 million in the US while the PS3 is in the 20 millions, The US iwas xbox country as it dominated for years in the NPD. MS won NPD for like 2 years straight. They want those days back at all cost. Thats it. They care more about winning NPD than fixing their issues in Europe. I just dont see PS4 winning  this month at all, and for good reasons. Sony can't compete with MS when it comes to pricing. Its not as comeback, its a buyback,

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Gamz said:
psrock said:
Gamz said:
psrock said:
They had to lower their price from $499 to $329 in less than a year. Kinect, yes Kinect is dead as we know it. Its still pretty bad outside of US and UK. So, please hold up on the comeback as the US is not as most see it, the world.

Crushed?  No.  

Most weeks was more then 2:1 WW when it went to 399..yes it is getting crushed.

Norris2k said:

To make the most remarkable comeback in industry... first you have to make a comeback.
I agree they improved their situation a lot, and that could start translating into a comeback, but this year they were outsold 2:1, and it takes them a lot to be nearly on par. for 2 weeks. Think worldwide, think about outselling on a average base, that what did the PS3, and they are very from it.

PS3 was in much worse shape.  5M behind (if not more?) console was 200 more, terrible PR, etc...   Hell, you can make a case that Naughty Dog saved Sony.  And of course a ton of people (like me) bought it for the BD player.