By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBO catching up quickly to PS4 in worldwide sales - EA CFO

BraLoD said:
I haven't clicked the link, but here what you quoted had no mention to it being worldwide...
And I hope he is talking about USA, because the XBO is only getting more and more far away in global numbers.

Whats funny is that even if the XB1 beats the PS4 in November by a whopping 100k units (which i think is unlikely), it will still be 1M behind the PS4 in NA. 

Globally, its just a completely different matter. What puzzles me about EA though is this, doesn't FIFA sell more on the PS platforms globally than Xbox platforms? I would think that EA generally makes more money from sony than they do from MS.

Around the Network

I think you guys are overreacting. I'm not gonna say that the execs at EA are brilliant but by no means are they retarded, they're making money somehow. I'm sure he means that weekly sales are catching up to PS4 and if you look at the last 4-6 weeks, he's not exactly wrong. EA is by no means a saint but this whole crusade the community has made up every single time anything comes out of them is ridiculous. I'm starting to think the gaming community is just as guilty at spinning things around as the PR departments at EA, Activition and Ubisoft. We need to stop getting so butthurt whenever our favorite console/game/developer is mentioned. It's a little embarrassing at times.

Xbox one

DexInDaJungle said:
I think you guys are overreacting. I'm not gonna say that the execs at EA are brilliant but by no means are they retarded, they're making money somehow. I'm sure he means that weekly sales are catching up to PS4 and if you look at the last 4-6 weeks, he's not exactly wrong. EA is by no means a saint but this whole crusade the community has made up every single time anything comes out of them is ridiculous. I'm starting to think the gaming community is just as guilty at spinning things around as the PR departments at EA, Activition and Ubisoft. We need to stop getting so butthurt whenever our favorite console/game/developer is mentioned. It's a little embarrassing at times.

It's not diff than you getting butthurt at us getting butthurt. Anyway I looked at the last 4-6 weeks. Have you seen the leaked numbers for October? It shows PS4 outselling the X1 in it's strongest territory by a ratio of almost 2:1. I don't consider that catching up but instead the staus quo of the PS4 stomping the X1 in it's strongest market. Now the last 2 weeks I'm sure MS won but it's not hard when you have a fire sale and Sony did nothing. 

Doesn't even have accurate current numbers...

Around the Network

Remember when publishers where platform agnostic...
Neither do I.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

bowserthedog said:
DonFerrari said:
bowserthedog

I think they can justify prefential treatment since Sony rejected their EA Access proposal instead of allowing consumers to decide whether it was a good value instead.  Sony is so funny.  Reject EA access for not providing value and then ask 70 bucks for Drive Club.

retail 60, ps+ edition 50... where is it 70?

Canada.

Owwww so we are cherry picking.

let's complain about X1 release price in UK that was close to U$700,00 what a evil company right? Picking one country price to say what you said is quite the reach.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

bowserthedog said:
Fusioncode said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Still trying to justify all their exclusivity deals with Microsoft I see?

I think they can justify prefential treatment since Sony rejected their EA Access proposal instead of allowing consumers to decide whether it was a good value instead.  Sony is so funny.  Reject EA access for not providing value and then ask 70 bucks for Drive Club.

Blame our loonie for that, not Sony. All new releases on X1 or PS4 in Canada are $69.99 or in some rare cases you might get it for $64.99 if it's a license game like Spiderman or something. I'm going through the same thing but hey that's life in Canada.

NA? Doubtful. EU? No. Japan? Definitively no. I don't see the growth he is talking about.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

UK 1 Million sold for X1. It's outsold PS4 for three weeks now.