By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted Games in Japan, Famitsu.

Tachikoma said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Nintendo, you need to start marketing Xenoblade X now! Especially if it's releasing in Japan in the 2nd quarter of 2015.

I don't think Japan cares all the much for Xenoblade. The last one didn't do great in Japan either.

I dont think japan really cares a out gaming at all,  its a country not a person. 

LOL fine, I don't think Japanese people that live in Japan care about Xenoblade.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
VXIII said:
Materia-Blade said:

What do you think I'm talking about? nintendo is a direct competitor in the HOME CONSOLE department and it's doing better in japan.

I have a reasoning behind my point, try to do that. Also, the Wii U isn't doing better in Japan. What are you talking about? They are nick to nick and the PS4 has been outselling it lately.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/media-create-sales-11314-11914-2

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/media-create-sales-102714-11214

"lately", ps4 had a few releases, wii u didn't. also, wii u was about to get a new bundle. ps4 is doing worse on aligned launches and weekly numbers are on par, a little worse, or a little better than wii u. but smash will skyrocket wii u numbers for the near future.

You know, my original point that the two consoles are not in a direct competition over their audience as they have a very different demographic, I asked for your reasoning behind your disagreement.

About sales, The PS4 will always have more regular releases in the near future, it is the console with third party support. Its first year is indeed weak, it also didn't get any big title in Japan like the Wii U. A console needs a steady stream of games along with big titles to "skyrocket".

It is worth noting that the PS4 has been outselling the Wii U for 5 weeks now.

cheshirescat said:
aikohualda said:
they don't care about legend of zelda majoras mask for 3ds?

Zelda isn't nearly as big in Japan as it is in the West.

legend of zelda u is there...

aikohualda said:

I think the somewhat recent resurgence of popularity for MM is a primarily Western phenomenon.

the_dengle said:
aikohualda said:

I think the somewhat recent resurgence of popularity for MM is a primarily Western phenomenon.

And its all thanks to Ben =P

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

did MK 8 released during holidays while smash was already out?

The shortterm boost will be bigger thanks to the holidays...so? Are you telling me that Smash will have a longterm effect on hardware sales in Japan? Cause MK8 obviously failed at that. 2015 will be the PS4s year in Japan as far as home consoles are concerned.

yes, since more games will already be out and there will be a smaller gap between the next wii u release, smash will have a better effect.

what exactly will make 2015 "the year of ps4" in japan?

The games on the list in the OP for one....

VXIII said:

You know, my original point that the two consoles are not in a direct competition over their audience as they have a very different demographic, I asked for your reasoning behind your disagreement.

About sales, The PS4 will always have more regular releases in the near future, it is the console with third party support. Its first year is indeed weak, it also didn't get any big title in Japan like the Wii U. A console needs a steady stream of games along with big titles to "skyrocket".

It is worth noting that the PS4 has been outselling the Wii U for 5 weeks now.

as I said up there, it is worth noting that ps4 got a good amount of releases in the last few weeks while wii u didn't and was about to get a new bundle.

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

yes, since more games will already be out and there will be a smaller gap between the next wii u release, smash will have a better effect.

Lot's of nintendo exclusives on the list. multiplats that may or may not come to wii u, kingdom hearts is no even 2015, and even a ps3 only (so far) in tales of zestyria. If anything, I'd say the list is balanced for both sides.

Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

Lot's of nintendo exclusives on the list. multiplats that may or may not come to wii u, kingdom hearts is no even 2015, and even a ps3 only (so far) in tales of zestyria. If anything, I'd say the list is balanced for both sides.

There are lots of Wii U exclusives on the list? Do you think I'm stupid or what? Take a look at the OP again and count, 2 Wii U games versus 9 PS4 games.

And lol at multiplats that may come to the Wii U, that ship has sailed son.

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:

There are lots of Wii U exclusives on the list? Do you think I'm stupid or what? Take a look at the OP again and count, 2 Wii U games versus 9 PS4 games.

And lol at multiplats that may come to the Wii U, that ship has sailed son.

I looked at the comment above. I'm considering other wii u exclusives.