By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo will pay you for making a really well done Lets play now

So if you have well done lets plays in terms of content and editing according ti iwata they will pay you now

this means more lets plays in the future 

you gonna start a lets play now(or when they announce this in america and for youtube too)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

I've honestly never found any enjoyement watching Let's Play videos, outside of seeing the first minutes of a game that hasn't released in order to get me hyped. (But a full walkthrough?! C'mon!).

I love speedruns, because the dude playing has to challenge himself into knowing every single secret the game can behold, and exploit it into his advantage. Watching a video of a dude beating Dark Souls 2 under 25 minutes is fun. Watching a Let's Play of about thirty hours of a dude dying over and over and being completely clueless is not.

Wright said:

I've honestly never found any enjoyement watching Let's Play videos, outside of seeing the first minutes of a game that hasn't released in order to get me hyped. (But a full walkthrough?! C'mon!).

I love speedruns, because the dude playing has to challenge himself into knowing every single secret the game can behold, and exploit it into his advantage. Watching a video of a dude beating Dark Souls 2 under 25 minutes is fun. Watching a Let's Play of about thirty hours of a dude dying over and over and being completely clueless is not.

I personally like watching the ocarina of time world record holder cosmo

hes awesome(He even responded to one of my questions once on twitch when he was doing majoras mask :)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:

hes awesome(He even responded to one of my questions once on twitch when he was doing majoras mask :)

That's the thing I'm getting at. I love Cosmo as well. I love hearing every single trick he can pull out to put time at his advantage when playing OoT, or see how fast what I used to consider very long games.

But for example, I didn't like his 24 hours marathon of WWHD (outside of trying some new/old tricks) because it was a mundane Let's Play. Not even Cosmo's commentary helped me to put through all of it.

Wright said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

That's the thing I'm getting at. I love Cosmo as well. I love hearing every single trick he can pull out to put time at his advantage when playing OoT, or see how fast what I used to consider very long games.

But for example, I didn't like his 24 hours marathon of WWHD (outside of trying some new/old tricks) because it was a mundane Let's Play. Not even Cosmo's commentary helped me to put through all of it.

well he has a 3.5 hour speedrun f it using a really cool trick that skips the bird king thing boss

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:

well he has a 3.5 hour speedrun f it using a really cool trick that skips the bird king thing boss

I know, I can endure that. Or Final Fantasy speedruns that clock in eight hours, for example. But a very long video compilation of someone merely playing a game is something I don't like. It's boring; I could be playing the game, instead of watching him.

The thing with speedruns is that I wouldn't be able to replicate them.

Wright said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I know, I can endure that. Or Final Fantasy speedruns that clock in eight hours, for example. But a very long video compilation of someone merely playing a game is something I don't like. It's boring; I could be playing the game, instead of watching him.

The thing with speedruns is that I wouldn't be able to replicate them.

I try to speedrun a couple games like halo 3, pikmin 3, other games with 3 in them...

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:

I try to speedrun a couple games like halo 3, pikmin 3, other games with 3 in them...

The only game I've speedrunne'd was Braid, and because you're encouraged to do so.

I want to try with Dragon's Dogma one day, because that game also features a free-downloadable mode where you're encouraged to speedrun through the whole thing, too.

Wright said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

The only game I've speedrunne'd was Braid, and because you're encouraged to do so.

I want to try with Dragon's Dogma one day, because that game also features a free-downloadable mode where you're encouraged to speedrun through the whole thing, too.

yeah pikmin 3 is annoying since I am trying to figure out how to get all the fruit first time in the area

halo 3 is because I suck at shooters

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Only certain games I watch the LP's. My first was Brawl, around e3 last year to see what Smash is all about. I did a couple episodes about Bayo 1 but that's only because I did not expect to ever own the Wii U.
So I knew the start basically already. Still enjoyed it in the game.