By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U becoming the definitive Nintendo console?

What are your thoughts on this?

Yes! The Wii U will make it! 185 67.77%

No! F-Zero's not happening. 54 19.78%

It's worse than the Virtual Boy! 34 12.45%

Total:273

The Wii U is severely underrated but still far from being the DEFINITIVE Nintendo console.

The virtual console needs a huge boost in content. The Wii virtual console still kills the Wii Us one.
The Wii U still needs some more core/must have/unique games to separate it from the gems on Wii and GC (but should only be a matter of time).

If Nintendo fix the problems then it definitely can be the definitive Nintendo console.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

I don't understand all the people here saying that the Wii's VC was better than the Wii U's. You can access the Wii VC from the Wii U via the Wii Menu. The Wii VC is on the Wii U. Why is no one mentioning this?

It is not as glorious as the SNES in quality or as the Wii in sales. I would say no.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Im liking it more than I did the GC so far. I did not own a Wii but I still think SNES and N64 are way better.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Yes - as soon as Smash Bros. Wii U launches.

Around the Network

I agree, for me is best console from PS2 era and best Nintendo console after N64.
Now I only just need N64 VC games.

A Nintendo console without third party support can only go so far, specially one that lost that support in less than 2 years.

Without being blinded by how horrible the Wii U is doing sales wise (because when it comes to games, sales hardly matter) I can firmly say the SNES is in my opinion the best Nintendo console of all time.

Surely the Wii U fills that Nintendo quota, but hey, every single Nintendo console before it kinda does that too which is why 3rd party support is a huge plus. Not only that but for gamers that want more outside of that Nintendo spectrum of games the Wii U is not doing anything to fill that void, meanwhile consoles like the GC and N64 who also lacked in the 3rd party department ended up being more supported than the Wii U currently is.

Also let's not forget that the SNES had the best 2D Mario games of all time after all and most importantly, those 2 games played nothing like one another and they certainly played didn't play like previous entries, this is what I would call true innovation.

n64 shits all over it atm.

Its the second nintendo system i ever bought, with the first beeing the GC. I loved the GC and i'm liking the Wii U. Its not quite at the same level as the GC yet, but if Nintendo keeps it up, it will get there. The system is already worth it because of Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade and Zelda U added to the remainder of the library. If Nintendo keeps up the support as they said they would, i can see a new Metroid prime coming out for it, a new fzero and many more colaborative projects like Hyrule warriors and fire emblem x smt.

Is it good as a main console? Depends on your gaming tastes. Is it good as a second console? Definitly. Cant ask for better. You dont find the same kinds of games as on the other consoles, giving you great variety and quality of choice.