By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Six-Year-Old JRPG Beats Assassin's Creed Unity in Steam Charts

shikamaru317 said:
Good news for Valkyria Chronicles, glad it's doing well. Maybe it'll convince Sega to put 2 and 3 on Steam as well, with the first localized version of 3.

I don't think it did well... Just AC Unity flopped massively on PC with that insane requirements. Nobody can play the game!!

Around the Network

I love The Chronicles ....of Narnia.

Well deserve, hopefully Sega realizes this and localized VC3 and bring us VC4 in the future.

VP was cool. I haven't played chronicles. Are they related or no?

This news just makes me all the more frustrated that sega shifted this franchise to handhelds which butchered the experience as they had to adapt the gameplay to the mobile experience. Basically cutting out the story and lowering the size and scope of the battles...

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best PS3 and RPG games around. We need more games like that, not Assassin's Creed: Unity. Top to bottom, an amazing game. Glad that people are buying the PC version.

One of the best RPGs of last gen beat a relatively mediocre crappy PC port?

Faith in PC gaming strengthened.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

AC: U is played on UPlay, so of course VC beat it on Steam. Also, AC: U is available for purchase on Origin and UPlay as well, and has very high requirements on PC. It even has a retail version for PC, and the reviews and problems with the PC version further helped VC to sell better on Steam.