By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces its cloud TV service, called PlayStation Vue

silentdj151 said:
Aura7541 said:

Sony are releasing games and have actually released more games than MS. You are just choosing not to look it up as proven by your "don't post that list of 100 indie games." Indie games are games, so to discrimminately omit them from the equation is wholly ignorant. And man, will next year be a bloodbath!

Quanity vs name brand are not equal
Eh indie games do not sell consoles, franchises do....I buy Nintendo for Zelda/Mario, ps recently for last of us and xb for halo.

You are in the minority if you buy a console for indie games.

The only console indie games I'be actually paid for and didn't get with Xbox live...were "state of decay" and another zombie game can't remember title.

But back to the OP Vue might get me clear off the dust off my ps4 and actually use it but I will have to buy psn plus to probably use it and use my xb1 for online gaming so it it might a waste for me...since I have cable but if the pricing is right it might actually let me ditch cable in the future.

But did I actually say that indie games sell consoles? Whether they do or not, they're still integral to the console experience. It's a great way to keep gamers occupied in between major title releases. Not to mention, a lot of the biggest devs today were indies at the beginning. They didn't poof out of nowhere. So.... I'm not in the minority because.... I don't actually buy a console for indie games. I buy a console for the diverse library which includes indie games. Big distinction there.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
silentdj151 said:
Aura7541 said:

Sony are releasing games and have actually released more games than MS. You are just choosing not to look it up as proven by your "don't post that list of 100 indie games." Indie games are games, so to discrimminately omit them from the equation is wholly ignorant. And man, will next year be a bloodbath!

Quanity vs name brand are not equal
Eh indie games do not sell consoles, franchises do....I buy Nintendo for Zelda/Mario, ps recently for last of us and xb for halo.

You are in the minority if you buy a console for indie games.

The only console indie games I'be actually paid for and didn't get with Xbox live...were "state of decay" and another zombie game can't remember title.

But back to the OP Vue might get me clear off the dust off my ps4 and actually use it but I will have to buy psn plus to probably use it and use my xb1 for online gaming so it it might a waste for me...since I have cable but if the pricing is right it might actually let me ditch cable in the future.

But did I actually say that indie games sell consoles? Whether they do or not, they're still integral to the console experience. It's a great way to keep gamers occupied in between major title releases. Not to mention, a lot of the biggest devs today were indies at the beginning. They didn't poof out of nowhere. So.... I'm not in the minority because.... I don't actually buy a console for indie games. I buy a console for the diverse library which includes indie games. Big distinction there.

100% i thought buying a game console for games is what matters!

just because people want to say this indie game does not count does not mean its not a game. the idea that people on here want to say well this or that console is "just an indie machine" is like saing well that is a game console with games ""that no one cares about" trying to imply at the same time well we have this or that game and those games are just indies and they do not stack up.

its pretty funny the outlook , i think when other gamers view indies as some how some way less quality in a game experience. I say just look at flower, flow, Mine craft, all indies but yet the game experience was or is fantastic in my opinion. just because Mojang got bought out by microsoft does not take away from the fact Minecraft was a indie before the purchase and its still a indie iP at the core. could that change with Microsofts backing now, well yeah. but that still does not change the fact Microsoft saw big bucks in the Minecraft iP so much for indies not being AAA Quality. If Microsoft was willing to shell out that kind of cash.

Some may say, well Minecraft is the exception not the rule, but yet another indie could indeed come along that can or may change that exception to the rule again right?

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.