By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

drake_tolu said:

6 SEP 40,000
13 SEP 100,000
20 SEP 54,000
27 SEP 48,000
4 OCT 42,000

And this month:

11 OCT 38,000
18 OCT 36,000
25 OCT 34,000
1 NOVE 60,000

Humm...

My prediction for November are for now:

8 NOVE 180,000
15 NOVE 180,000
22 NOVE 150,000
29 NOVE 400,000

Yeap, those numbers seem very plausible, except I'd expect BF week to be much bigger

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
tak13 said:
Can someone explain me what happened... loooool

Basically when aquamarine shows up saying "hello guys its been sometime" on neogaf,she/he was actually using "email tags" that basically hides part of the post from other people and the only way to see it is clicking on the quote buttom.You need to have a neogaf account in order to click on quote buttom.

Aquamarine was sharing the numbers using this email tags.

OH i have to say that i love you,thank you so much for enlightening me and for your detailed description!wow,that was a smart and artful move!I m impressed!so i was right about not believing...you know what :P

Aura7541 said:
OttoniBastos said:
Ninsect said:

Not hidden but this:

Oh thanks! It's seems that PS4 is really winning this week.Next NPD will be great.If PS4 wins.....Neogaf and vgchartz will melt

Yeah, it seems that winning November is no longer a cakewalk for the X1. It'll be interesting to see how the X1 and PS4 will fare on Black Friday since it sounds like the PS4 is within striking distance of taking back the lead.

Technically, it never was a cakewalk.  Not if you also looked at the bestsellers for Wal-mart and Gamestop, where the PS4 has constantly been ahead all month.  Even now on Amazon, where the fake PS4 listings are gone, but XBO's remain, the PS4 is still ahead on the hourly bestsellers.  And that's without the two new SKUs releasing next week, one of which is almost guaranteed to shoot up to the Top 10 when it is launched.

You guys are correct, there's no rule against this, so if you want to ignore what the poor poster on Gaf is trying to do then I won't stop you. I've edited things out so that you guys could give this a think and decide if you want to earn the ire of another forum instead of being hated without reason. Enjoy your numbers for a month.

Whilst I'm not sure about the practice of "disguising" the numbers in this way, what I do know is that these numbers are confidential and were asked not to be shared. Is that the right thing to do? Perhaps not. However the graph which was posted in particular is quite a clear violation of Rule 15 on this site. Read up on it if you'd like.

As Tor said however there's no well-defined rule about this, nor am I pleased with how the numbers were displayed in the first place. However a little courtesy would be appreciated for the longevity of the leaks; else soon enough we'll get nothing at all because people couldn't be discrete for a month.

So I guess it's your call, really. We've made our decision and standpoint clear, now it's up to you whether or not you wish to respect that or not.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
You guys are correct, there's no rule against this, so if you want to ignore what the poor poster on Gaf is trying to do then I won't stop you. I've edited things out so that you guys could give this a think and decide if you want to earn the ire of another forum instead of being hated without reason. Enjoy your numbers for a month.

VGC is hated because we flock to estimates that could be completely off and claim them as facts. Everyone here is guilty of it.

Sooooo..... did we get any Vita numbers?

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

I don't see XO to sell 1M this November...

drake_tolu said:
I don't see XO to sell 1M this November...

I think both consoles might just scrape 1m

Conegamer said:

Whilst I'm not sure about the practice of "disguising" the numbers in this way, what I do know is that these numbers are confidential and were asked not to be shared. Is that the right thing to do? Perhaps not. However the graph which was posted in particular is quite a clear violation of Rule 15 on this site. Read up on it if you'd like.

As Tor said however there's no well-defined rule about this, nor am I pleased with how the numbers were displayed in the first place. However a little courtesy would be appreciated for the longevity of the leaks; else soon enough we'll get nothing at all because people couldn't be discrete for a month.

So I guess it's your call, really. We've made our decision and standpoint clear, now it's up to you whether or not you wish to respect that or not.

I will not share any numbers anymore to avoid being a "it's your fault" target but to be fair,sharing or not, Neogaf hates us.And they will try to cockblock us as much as they can.