By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Ninsect said:
OttoniBastos said:
Funny thing is,they thought they were doing something so secret that other people wouldn't figure out.

i just had to put "email tag neogaf" on google and find this:

http://halogaf.com/juniors/

Yeah, not to mention gaf has over 100k registered users...

Question: what was the Abdiel's hidden post?

Around the Network

Yeah you're pushing it too far here Pezus. As much as I'd like the numbers, we have to respect GAF on this occasion for the longevity of the numbers. Give a small, short summary about VGC tracking but not this

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Alright guys, mod team has decided we're going to try and respect the wishes of the leaker so we can get information in the future and they don't have to worry about getting in trouble. Don't post the numbers in threads, you can PM one another about it if you like but public discussion is discouraged.

Ninsect said:
Aura7541 said:

Speaking of November, have you seen Abdiel's post on GAF? This month has taken a very interesting turn, apparently.

About the sales in his district or something?

Yeah. Looks like the X1 is going to have to work hard to win November.

Mods you missed his NBA quote.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network

Well OP is already updated and stuffz

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

So, the estimate is again:
PS4: 275K
XO: 170K
WiiU: 70K
?

OttoniBastos said:
Ninsect said:
OttoniBastos said:
Funny thing is,they thought they were doing something so secret that other people wouldn't figure out.

i just had to put "email tag neogaf" on google and find this:

http://halogaf.com/juniors/

Yeah, not to mention gaf has over 100k registered users...

Question: what was the Abdiel's hidden post?

Not hidden but this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139580485&postcount=3804

I'm going to make a similar post to what I did in the "Sony Unfazed" thread regarding what we're seeing in the retail channel since the start of the month.

In short... The PS4 has once again overtaken the XB1 in sales on a weekly/daily basis... handily. I haven't had a chance to check if it has totally overcome the initial explosion of price-cut purchases, but it's certainly eating away at that buffer rather quickly.

Not only that, but the response to our BF ad has led to some interesting anecdotes. Getting an extra $20 off the XB1 deal doesn't seem to have elicited much interest beyond those that will already plan to be there, whereas we're getting questions about how early customers can line up for guaranteed placement for the PS4 bundles. I'll clarify that I fully expect both bundle offers to sell out that weekend, but from the disparity in interest/questions, it seems likely the overall velocity of those sales will be quite different.

We've also had a Sony rep in the store confirming some numbers with our management, in case we need to add additional stock for those sales. Sony doesn't seem to be brushing this off. (Interestingly, for those of you that are interested in this sort of thing, the fact that the GTA bundle comes with a physical copy of the game is actually a selling point for some customers.)

I don't really want to call the month one way or the other, but the people assuming that MS had this in the bag may want to reconsider.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

drake_tolu said:
So, the estimate is again:
PS4: 275K
XO: 170K
WiiU: 70K
?

No. See thread title. I'll PM you if it's gone by the time you see it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said: