By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Deeds said:

You are absolutely right, no one is trying to obfuscate the numbers. It's no wonder Japan is in recession, Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki needs to shut down the release of sales numbers to the public and make money off of it like NPD right now. There is no con-spira-ceeee. Kekekekekeke. Btw PS4 sold 700k in October. A NPD leaker told me, tee hee.

Indeed i am :)

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Well I just emailed NPD asking them how I could receive the video game sales numbers, and they told me it would cost between $5,000-$35,000. LOL so much for that idea!

A day...?

SJReiter said:
Well I just emailed NPD asking them how I could receive the video game sales numbers, and they told me it would cost between $5,000-$35,000. LOL so much for that idea!

Between 5k and 35k dollars? Screw that.. Who would pay that much for those NPD numbers?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
SJReiter said:

Between 5k and 35k dollars? Screw that.. Who would pay that much for those NPD numbers?!

People that swim in a 100m^3 pool filled with 1$ bills/paper money...

eyeofcore said:
SJReiter said:

A day...?

I assume it's per month but I have no clue

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
forest-spirit said:

You do realise that a lot of the data used to calculate Wii U sales comes directly from Nintendo, right? And the rest comes from sources that have been proven to be reliable.

Is it a hard/accurate number? Not an estimation, actual results...

The sources leaks actual results from the NPD report, if that's what you meant.

SJReiter said:
Deeds said:
SJReiter said:

It costs that much? Wowza.

Yup. I was hoping it'd be like $50 or something. Who would pay $35,000 to see how many PS4s sold in the US? Lol

Really? I was expecting at least 50K, so it's less than I thought.

It's really not that much if you use that data for more than entertaining your curiosity.

forest-spirit said:
eyeofcore said:
forest-spirit said:

You do realise that a lot of the data used to calculate Wii U sales comes directly from Nintendo, right? And the rest comes from sources that have been proven to be reliable.

Is it a hard/accurate number? Not an estimation, actual results...

The sources leaks actual results from the NPD report, if that's what you meant.

If that is the case...

Burek said:
SJReiter said:
Deeds said:
SJReiter said:

It costs that much? Wowza.

Yup. I was hoping it'd be like $50 or something. Who would pay $35,000 to see how many PS4s sold in the US? Lol

Really? I was expecting at least 50K, so it's less than I thought.

It's really not that much if you use that data for more than entertaining your curiosity and you're a multi million international company

*fixed

Npd threads are dead :(