By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

HollyGamer said:

that's  mean the company that pay for the NPD number (SONY, MICROSOFT, NINTENDO) have the right to publish it because they the one who pay right? if they have the right why it's hard to get the numbers.

Ther are two types of people that see the NPD numbers. Those that pay for it and those that have met certain criteria to be able to subscribe to the group. Now the subscribers have to sign an NDA so they can't go around leaking the numbers. That right is reserved to the people that pay for it. And those people only have the right to release numbers that directly relates to them.

Basically, sony/ms/nintendo can give actual numbers in their press releases just like how nintendo mostly does and MS used to do and sony used to do a very very long time ago. Sony had learnt its lesson though, coming behind the wii/360 in NA for most of the last gen made them take an nti-numbers approach in elation to the NPDs. Cause lets face it, it looks weird if you only talk about the NPD when you win. Something MS is learning now and which is why they alwayshave some sort of media PR spin for every NPD thus far. Except with november though, which I am pretty certain they will actually give numbers or an estimate.

Around the Network

How long did we had to wait for numbers last time?

Deeds said:

We should create a new name for NPD. Numbers Permanently Disabled. Ba Dum Tss. LMAO!

Well I'm glad you find yourself funny ...

Seece said:
Deeds said:

We should create a new name for NPD. Numbers Permanently Disabled. Ba Dum Tss. LMAO!

This whole thread is funny, 43 pages of nothing. Oh, I have another one, Numbers Publicly Destroyed. :O

Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:

This whole thread is funny, 43 pages of nothing. Oh, I have another one, Numbers Publicly Destroyed. :O

68k WiiU, 70k Bayo, Driveclub under 70k, Sunset and Aliens PS4 ranked #9 and #10 respectively. Got some news, certainly at odds with our figures as well.

Around the Network
Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
69k for U is too low...

Wasn't estimated on Gaf for Oct 2013 50-60k for Wii U...?!?

http://nintendoeverything.com/october-2014-npd-nintendos-response-smash-3ds-has-sold-1-million-units/

Wii U could be 75-90k...

Just because you think it's low doesn't mean it is.

The figure is actually 68k. Which is better than last month when WiiU was down YOY.

It's up 47% for the first 10 months of the year, not Oct 14 over Oct 13.

Stop assuming that I don't know...

68k is not confirmed..

Then you didn't do the math properly, because it's around the 68k figure not 75k.

The 2013 totals are already known and every month we've had WiiU numbers leak this year.

WiiU did 68k~

Another assumption...

Also I didn't use calculator nor bother to get 100% result... I spent 1 second on math calculations on that rather than 5-10 with calculator for precision...

Its not confirmed... Leakersy didn't confirm it... So don't lie...

edit; Ultil its confirmed on Gaf...

Seece said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:

68k WiiU, 70k Bayo, Driveclub under 70k, Sunset and Aliens PS4 ranked #9 and #10 respectively. Got some news, certainly at odds with our figures as well.

Bu-bu-bu what did Xbox Juan, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Vita and 3DS sell? A leaker told me all of them sold less than 12k. I swear to Poseidon its true. Kekekekekeke.

eyeofcore said:
Seece said:

Then you didn't do the math properly, because it's around the 68k figure not 75k.

The 2013 totals are already known and every month we've had WiiU numbers leak this year.

WiiU did 68k~

Another assumption...

Also I didn't use calculator nor bother to get 100% result... I spent 1 second on math calculations on that rather than 5-10 with calculator for precision...

Its not confirmed... Leakersy didn't confirm it... So don't lie...

Leakers have been good for the last few years, they don't suddenly become unreliable when they show certain sets of figures.

It's as good as confirmed, and very well believeable. Heck we're not even getting the WiiU figure from a leaker, we can thank the 47% remark from Nintendo for that.

Wow, no numbers, aqua+creamsugar gone= No NPD :-/

Im surprised we got nothing from Sony with PS tv, at all. I really thought its function to use ps4 as another box for it would do it very well in sales. I mean Vita Slim did 55k first month, and PS tv > Vita Slim in theWest right?

No 3ds numbers, maybe it didn't do so well? (90k estimate?)

Nothing Nothing Nothing, But we do know SSB is killing it.

Oh I really have a good one, Not Public Domain. ROFL.