By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Zekkyou said:
Deeds said:

Whew. Bayonetta 2 sure is a blast. :D LOL, as for your post, I remember the days when NPD was (like Media Create) shared openly and freely for years and years, then suddenly after [certain consoles started to fail (lol)] NPD started to go dark. First they started to combine game SKUs, then they started to delay the sales releases, then NPD stats started to deliberately leak here and there and now NPD is completely opaque. As for your post about shareholders, I'm sure GM shareholders are happy that Cadillacs are piling up at dealerships with 166 days' supply of the ATS at the end of September, and 161 days' supply of the CTS which is major channel stuffing. Shipment numbers can be manipulated, but "real" sales numbers can only be hidden. ;)

So who are you implying is currently trying to hide numbers? ^^ We know the PS4 is selling incredibly well, and we know the X1 also has strong sales, so that only leaves... :)

In reality, regardless to what was or wasn't in the past, NPD make money by giving these numbers to their clients. As the leaker over on GAF said last month, NPD were beginning to get pissed off by how widespread the leaks were becoming. They tolerated it, but they weren't happy. When said leaker asked that GAF find ways to make it harder for the numbers to spread, people jumped down their throat so the leaker asked for a temporary ban until things cooled off (which is why we don't have numbers this month).

Unless you have proof, you sound no better than those that believe the conspiracy theories that MS is buying parity on everything. It makes you look rather silly.

You are absolutely right, no one is trying to obfuscate the numbers. It's no wonder Japan is in recession, Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki needs to shut down the release of sales numbers to the public and make money off of it like NPD right now. There is no con-spira-ceeee. Kekekekekeke. Btw PS4 sold 700k in October. A NPD leaker told me, tee hee.

Around the Network
Deeds said:
Zekkyou said:

So who are you implying is currently trying to hide numbers? ^^ We know the PS4 is selling incredibly well, and we know the X1 also has strong sales, so that only leaves... :)

In reality, regardless to what was or wasn't in the past, NPD make money by giving these numbers to their clients. As the leaker over on GAF said last month, NPD were beginning to get pissed off by how widespread the leaks were becoming. They tolerated it, but they weren't happy. When said leaker asked that GAF find ways to make it harder for the numbers to spread, people jumped down their throat so the leaker asked for a temporary ban until things cooled off (which is why we don't have numbers this month).

Unless you have proof, you sound no better than those that believe the conspiracy theories that MS is buying parity on everything. It makes you look rather silly.

You are absolutely right, no one is trying to obfuscate the numbers. It's no wonder Japan is in recession, Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki needs to shut down the release of sales numbers to the public and make money off of it like NPD right now. There is no con-spira-ceeee. Kekekekekeke. Btw PS4 sold 700k in October. A NPD leaker told me, tee hee.

Oh jesus, just shut up and go back to Bayonetta. NPD is selling the information so NPD is trying to keep it from being leaked to the general public. Simple as that.

Deeds said:
Zekkyou said:
Deeds said:

LOL! Where are the numbers? Why is Japan so open with sales numbers, yet NPD and the leakers are so secretive? I guess [certain] companies can pressure NPD to try to hide sales numbers, but one thing they can't hide is disclosure of profits and losses. Oh well, back to Bayonetta 2. :P

There's no big conspiracy, it's NPD that don't want the numbers to leak. They make money by selling them to their subscribers.

There's no incentive for Sony, MS and Nintendo to hide the numbers anyway. Their shareholders just care about shipped figures, and that's something they can't hide. If anyone did want to hide NPD though, it would probably be Nintendo :p Their NPD hardware numbers are consistently poor.

Whew. Bayonetta 2 sure is a blast. :D LOL, as for your post, I remember the days when NPD was (like Media Create) shared openly and freely for years and years, then suddenly after [certain consoles started to fail (lol)] NPD started to go dark. First they started to combine game SKUs, then they started to delay the sales releases, then NPD stats started to deliberately leak here and there and now NPD is completely opaque. As for your post about shareholders, I'm sure GM shareholders are happy that Cadillacs are piling up at dealerships with 166 days' supply of the ATS at the end of September, and 161 days' supply of the CTS which is major channel stuffing. Shipment numbers can be manipulated, but "real" sales numbers can only be hidden. ;)

Quite possibly the worst conspiracy theory I've ever heard. Bravo.

Wright said:
VXIII said:
I even regret tagging this thread.

I thought countless Final Fantasy threads might have given you immunity at this point.

I have no idea what is going on this thread, I was talking about the pointlessness of it without the leakers.

I've always been immune to the console war, zero interest. Final Fantasy is a different story, I look at it as an art. I'm emotionally involved.

DerNebel said:
Deeds said:
Zekkyou said:

Oh jesus, just shut up and go back to Bayonetta. NPD is selling the information so NPD is trying to keep it from being leaked to the general public. Simple as that.

Hahaha I love you DerNebel.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Deeds said:
Zekkyou said:

My name is not Jesus kekekekekeke. :p Oh, and why are you in a NPD thread if the numbers are being withheld? Are you despeately waiting for leakers? LMAO. What if the leakers are lying? Ooops. As for Bayonetta 2 my dog just ate it. >:( Grrrr

Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
69k for U is too low...

Wasn't estimated on Gaf for Oct 2013 50-60k for Wii U...?!?

http://nintendoeverything.com/october-2014-npd-nintendos-response-smash-3ds-has-sold-1-million-units/

Wii U could be 75-90k...

Just because you think it's low doesn't mean it is.

The figure is actually 68k. Which is better than last month when WiiU was down YOY.

It's up 47% for the first 10 months of the year, not Oct 14 over Oct 13.

Stop assuming that I don't know...

68k is not confirmed..

Aj_habfan said:
Deeds said:
Zekkyou said:
Deeds said:

LOL! Where are the numbers? Why is Japan so open with sales numbers, yet NPD and the leakers are so secretive? I guess [certain] companies can pressure NPD to try to hide sales numbers, but one thing they can't hide is disclosure of profits and losses. Oh well, back to Bayonetta 2. :P

There's no big conspiracy, it's NPD that don't want the numbers to leak. They make money by selling them to their subscribers.

There's no incentive for Sony, MS and Nintendo to hide the numbers anyway. Their shareholders just care about shipped figures, and that's something they can't hide. If anyone did want to hide NPD though, it would probably be Nintendo :p Their NPD hardware numbers are consistently poor.

Quite possibly the worst conspiracy theory I've ever heard. Bravo.

There is no conspiracy mayne. Everything is legit. :D

eyeofcore said:
Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
69k for U is too low...

Wasn't estimated on Gaf for Oct 2013 50-60k for Wii U...?!?

http://nintendoeverything.com/october-2014-npd-nintendos-response-smash-3ds-has-sold-1-million-units/

Wii U could be 75-90k...

Just because you think it's low doesn't mean it is.

The figure is actually 68k. Which is better than last month when WiiU was down YOY.

It's up 47% for the first 10 months of the year, not Oct 14 over Oct 13.

Stop assuming that I don't know...

68k is not confirmed..

Then you didn't do the math properly, because it's around the 68k figure not 75k.

The 2013 totals are already known and every month we've had WiiU numbers leak this year.

WiiU did 68k~

We should create a new name for NPD. Numbers Permanently Disabled. Ba Dum Tss. LMAO!