By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Seece said:
zippy said:
Seece said:
Looks like we have WiiU overtracked in the US by 100k now.

How can we be so sure if NPD numbers haven't been released? there is no numbers to back up that claim. Overtracked? most likely, 100k? we don't know.

Oh you mean WiiU numbers, yeah we have numbers dude.

Oh really, I missed it. Was it 69k?

Around the Network
zippy said:
Seece said:
zippy said:
Seece said:

How can we be so sure if NPD numbers haven't been released? there is no numbers to back up that claim. Overtracked? most likely, 100k? we don't know.

68k~ if the figure people are settling on.

Aw damn, oh well I have resigned myself to the fact that Wii U is going to do poorly. Shame, its a great console :(

zippy said:
<

Aw damn, oh well I have resigned myself to the fact that Wii U is going to do poorly. Shame, its a great console :(

68k, 108k, doesn't really make a difference at this point. Would need to start doing 200k to get to respectable levels WW.

Seece said:
zippy said:
Seece said:
zippy said:
Seece said:

That are only guesses no hard numbers. 

Around the Network
z101 said:
Seece said:

That are only guesses no hard numbers. 

No, not guesses, derived from Nintendo's PR.

Seece said:
zippy said:

68k, 108k, doesn't really make a difference at this point. Would need to start doing 200k to get to respectable levels WW.

Yep, I concede defeat, thankfully poor sales wont spoil my enjoyment of the console and its games. Back to work now, have a good weekend mate :)

kowenicki said:
NPD software chart:

October:

5. Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)

September:

1. Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)

So Xbox one outsold PS4 in both months for the game, VGC has them at:

PS4: 1.39m
ONE: 1.16m

So at least 230k Destiny bundles sold? Seeems reasonable.

Elsewhere. Nice to see some people utterly ignore the SO bundles. Those same people were rapid in their proclamation of the bundling being the cause for the above scenario with Destiny.

So will do just fine, as the UK chart shows and as the Amazon charts have shown.

Anyhow. NPD is now officially not worth staying up for. No info.

Destiny white bundle was the highest place Destiny sku on Amazon, so it's not surprising that the NPD figure doesn't put PS4 version first, but the actual sales of the game do put PS4 first.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:
binary solo said:
kowenicki said:

Destiny white bundle was the highest place Destiny sku on Amazon, so it's not surprising that the NPD figure doesn't put PS4 version first, but the actual sales of the game do put PS4 first.

Thats what I just said.

Incidentally... where the hell is Driveclub?  200k according to VGC??

It sold less than 70k, 4 weeks to sell.. 

kowenicki said:
binary solo said:
kowenicki said:
NPD software chart:

October:

5. Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)

September:

1. Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)

So Xbox one outsold PS4 in both months for the game, VGC has them at:

PS4: 1.39m
ONE: 1.16m

So at least 230k Destiny bundles sold? Seeems reasonable.

Elsewhere. Nice to see some people utterly ignore the SO bundles. Those same people were rapid in their proclamation of the bundling being the cause for the above scenario with Destiny.

So will do just fine, as the UK chart shows and as the Amazon charts have shown.

Anyhow. NPD is now officially not worth staying up for. No info.

Thats what I just said.

Incidentally... where the hell is Driveclub?  200k according to VGC??

Massively, massively, massively overtracked.