By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This Sneaky Sony Engineer Hid His Name in Your PS4

Weirdness: This Sneaky Sony Engineer Hid His Name in Your PS4

Posted Tue 11th Nov 2014 18:15 by Kell Andersen

Good luck

Can you find it?

If you were about to leave a company, what would you do to make sure that your name lived on within its walls? Well, Kazuya Sakakihara – an ex-software engineer for Sony, who helped design both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 – decided that the best way for him to leave an indelible mark on the Japanese giant was to quite literally implant himself into its newest console.

Indeed, as you can see in the image below, this crafty coder has managed to slip his entire name into one line of the PS4's HDD code. The eagle-eyed among you may notice that he has actually committed a slight spelling error. However, we suspect that this was an intentional gaffe, put in place to make sure the code ran properly.

What do you make of this nifty piece of trivia? Will you ever be able to look at your super system the same way again? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via kotaku.com]

Around the Network

Well I don't see why he bothered cause almost everyone won't see his name.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Thats pretty cool. lol

MoHasanie said:

Well I don't see why he bothered cause almost everyone won't see his name.

It's an IT thing.

I doubt he was out for fame.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I ain't gonna lie, I'd do that too.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Its a physical easter egg! Only its on a console, not an egg and we get nothing out of it :D

Very cool indeed

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

thats kind of cool