By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Zekkyou said:

Whenever i see Cole, this starts playing in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4X2PfgRb0

Where do you think they will take the story in 4?

Hard to tell. MS expressed their interest in going forward, not with prequels, so all I could hope is that a brand new cast is born and a new menace appears on Sera. If done properly, it could be awesome.

Marcus and company should rest now. They've earned it. Another game with them as playable characters would be pushing it IMO.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

- Hint: I waited almost 8 years to be told its successor was in development.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

2Quick said:
Hi all!
I’m reposting the unguessed hints alongside some new ones
Hints Galore!

#35 in this game, a previous piece of hardware becomes a playable character for the first time

Smash Melee?

I think you're talking about R.O.B. the robot, I don't know of any other piece of hardware turned playable character. He's in Melee right? Otherwise it's Brawl... Or not, Mario Kart DS came before and he's in that too. My mind is exploding .

Wright said:
S.Peelman said:
Game #29

This game takes you throughout history with a comedic twist.

Rock of Ages?

No, I'm actually seeing a lot of my game and series in everyone's lists this year.

2Quick said:
Hi all!
I’m reposting the unguessed hints alongside some new ones
Hints Galore!

#36 if you type in this game’s developer’s phone number in the password menu, you will get a dial tone.

#35 in this game, a previous piece of hardware becomes a playable character for the first time

#33 first game is a series that has had two revivals so far… one where the tone of the games got more serious and dark (rated E10+ by ESRB), and one where the main character was dropped from the title after the first game in the second revival. But the revivals pale in comparison to the originals.

#30 Dragon/Steel

33: Prince of Persia?

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

Starcraft?

Wright said:

Hard to tell. MS expressed their interest in going forward, not with prequels, so all I could hope is that a brand new cast is born and a new menace appears on Sera. If done properly, it could be awesome.

Marcus and company should rest now. They've earned it. Another game with them as playable characters would be pushing it IMO.

That's how i feel too. Adding anything else to their story (outside of maybe references) would feel a bit forced. That 'forced' feeling was my biggest complaint against Halo 4's story too.

2Quick said:
Zekkyou said:

Kingdom Hearts 2

Zekkyou said:

That's how i feel too. Adding anything else to their story (outside of maybe references) would feel a bit forced. That 'forced' feeling was my biggest complaint against Halo 4's story too.

At least it wasn't that so out of place in Halo 4 since beating H3 in Legendary granted you that special sequence at the ending cutscene. Gears of War 4 picking up right after where 3 left would be so...ugh.

Just...just imagine Gears of War 3 ending as the opening sequence. People there, on the beach, and then something comes out of the water and start attacking them. It would be HORRIBLE!

So #30 was Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. There's a reason I got OR/AS, after all!

#29 is an odd game. It involves re-building a UFO, but it also involves opening a lot of locked doors. It also had a big portion of the game cut out in Europe, for some reason.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.