By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Conegamer said:

In #35, you'll find a kid with a bat, a girl with a gun and a man with a rocket launcher. You might even put a bike in there, too.

Smash Bros?

Around the Network
Player2 said:
Conegamer said:

In #35, you'll find a kid with a bat, a girl with a gun and a man with a rocket launcher. You might even put a bike in there, too.

Smash Bros?

That depends. Which one?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Player2 said:
Conegamer said:

Smash Bros?

That depends. Which one?

Brawl?

Player2 said:

Brawl?

Correct you are. I tried to use the hints to narrow down the series, then eliminate any titles that it wasn't.

Player2 said:
Conegamer said:

Smash Bros?

And we have the right answer here :)

Around the Network
Symbios63 said:
Player2 said:
Conegamer said:

Smash Bros?

And we have the right answer here :)

Erm... isn't this is the post you should be quoting?

Player2 said:
Symbios63 said:

36 is the second entry of a series found on the genesis...That should be enough of a hint from me ...

Shining Force II?

Player2 said:

Player2 said:
Symbios63 said:

36 is the second entry of a series found on the genesis...That should be enough of a hint from me ...

Shining Force II?

Well technically he's right because that was the right answer...

Player2 said:

Player2 said:
Symbios63 said:

Shining Force II?

Oups, my bad :)

You guessed that right (both the answer and the bad quoting ...).

Hint for the #35 (if the site lets me): This type of game (not genre) has been generally panned by critics and fans alike, but a British studio reinvented that type of game and turned it into a successful franchise.

Empire: Total War

System: PC
   Genre: Turn-Based Strategy
   Year: 2009
   Rank last year: New (*)

Empire: Total War is a brilliant entry in the equally brilliant turn-based strategy series 'Total War'. Consisting of games in different eras and locations, this game focusses on the second phase of the colonial era, when the biggest European powers either built their empires, or tried to defend them. The goal is in the game is, to rule the world.

The game is made up, like all Total War games, in two parts; there's the 'campaign map', where empires are formed, and the 'battle map', where grand battles are waged. These can both be land-battles or the newly introduced sea-battles, which are beyond epic. The game features many factions, of which the biggest and wealthiest are playable. It also features a lot of emergent factions, like the United States of America, in this era of revolution. There's also a way to unlock the US as a playable faction.

Being from the Netherlands, I love to play as my own country in this game, or rather, the republican form of my country called 'United Provinces' that existed back then. Luckily, the Netherlands is extremely powerful in this game. We may only have a small home-country, but the Dutch start with colonies in every major theatre and trading posts in the East Indies, unlike any other nation. Money is no problem, because trade is abundant while playing the Dutch. Also, they have powerful unique trading ships and little chance of there being unrest in it's regions. Wilhelmus van Nassauwe!

EDIT: It seems today, formatting on this site is still messed up, so please bear with me .