By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has 8-Player Smash Bros destroyed any chance of a sequel for PS AllStars Battle Royale?

Thoughts?

A sequel was planned/in d... 20 9.90%

A sequel was planned/in d... 18 8.91%

A sequel was planned/in d... 12 5.94%

A sequel was never in the works 152 75.25%

Total:202

Assuming, of course, that a sequel was planned and/or in development.

So, do you think Sony were planning a sequel? And if so, how do you think the latest Smash Bros. announcement has affected these plans?

I personally wouldn't mind Sony having another crack at the genre, as long as they fix up that awful scoring game mechanic.

Around the Network

You do realise they are both exclusives right? How can one destroy the other? And say what you want but I like the score mechanics, if you know your combos you can chain into kills. Its what sets it apart from Smash.

Didn't Sony cut off SuperBot, the developer?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

There's no way that they'd make another.

I don't see why what Smash does can influence the possibility of a AllStar battle royale sequel in the future.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
You do realise they are both exclusives right? How can one destroy the other? And say what you want but I like the score mechanics, if you know your combos you can chain into kills. Its what sets it apart from Smash.

I do realise. It may be better to save face by not producing a mascot game which is far inferior. Can the PS4 support more than 4 controllers? Even if they managed to go above and beyond to flesh out Battle Royale with more game modes, characters etc. it would most likely still fall short when compared to 8-player Smash.

My issue with the score mechanic is that most of the time spent playing serves only as filler, building up that super meter. Every hit in other fighting games weakens the enemy to some degree. Getting down to 2 fighters in a stock match in Batle Royale is a real yawn fest.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was the least of PASBR problems.

Of course, I never played it. Just learned how to talk from my ass. Now I can't stop.

What hurted much the game was it playing so similar to Smash, I was hyped about the ideia of it playing more like a Street Fighter ir MK, but Smash decisions do not affect it at all, they are not contenders.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Nope, that game destroyed its own chance of a sequel. If you are going to shameless copy something, do it right at least.

d21lewis said:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was the least of PASBR problems.

Of course, I never played it. Just learned how to talk from my ass. Now I can't stop.

Man.. now I have to think about your ass all day.. thats one fine ass..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)