By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC: Rogue and Unity show how improvement in hardware makes a difference

Which one are you getting?

Rogue 8 4.42%

Unity 48 26.52%

Both 25 13.81%

Neither 99 54.70%

Total:180

AC: Unity and Rogue will release on different platforms, Unity on current-gen and Rogue on last-gen. With every gen come a lot of improvements to the technology supporting the games in almost every way, including graphics, AI, scope of the world, scale of the world, many of which can change the way we play games, and vastly increase how much we are immersed in the game.

AC: Unity is good example of this as it is bringing many new things to the series, something not possible in AC: Rogue:

1. Massive number of NPC's on-screen: This can have huge effect on how the game is played. It is good for the stealth-minded but bad for those who like to take enemies head-on, and then quickly escape. This can also make the world feel more alive, which is important in an open-world game.

2. Many more interiors: This vastly increases the immersion of the game, and can lead to new ways of fighting enemies, or escaping from them.

This list will likely expand, as I'll be able to point out many more of these improvements once I play the game.

Around the Network

Sorry not spending 400$ on a console so I can have 2 minor improvements

Wait till AC Rogue get announced for PS4 / Xbox One.

we'll see. Unity is only the first true next gen AC.

Look at AC1 compared to AC4 (or Rogue when it's out). Huge difference, not only in visuals but also other technical advancements.

On topic I'm getting Rogue first. Unity when I buy a current gen console.

Can you finally run in Unity without automatically running up buildings if you get too close? That would be an improvement.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

AC: Unity and Rogue will release on different platforms, Unity on current-gen and Rogue on last-gen. With every gen come a lot of improvements to the technology supporting the games in almost every way, including graphics, AI, scope of the world, scale of the world, many of which can change the way we play games, and vastly increase how much we are immersed in the game.

AC: Unity is good example of this as it is bringing many new things to the series, something not possible in AC: Rogue:

1. Massive number of NPC's on-screen: This can have huge effect on how the game is played. It is good for the stealth-minded but bad for those who like to take enemies head-on, and then quickly escape. This can also make the world feel more alive, which is important in an open-world game.

2. Many more interiors: This vastly increases the immersion of the game, and can lead to new ways of fighting enemies, or escaping from them.

This list will likely expand, as I'll be able to point out many more of these improvements once I play the game.

OR

A company that makes a bad PC version on purpose so the consoles dont look underpowered compared to a PC  just makes the last gen version subpar on purpose (even tho they could make it better) so the current gen version looks better in comparison.

Well, of course it makes a difference. But is it necessarily for the better? Having a lot of people in the street wouldn't diminish the running? It is like having real traffic in GTA, would it be more fun to be stuck in traffic? The interiors the same thing. Will they be each one unique and with a purpose? Or all the same with nothing to do? Now if we talk about AI and graphics...

SvennoJ said:
Can you finally run in Unity without automatically running up buildings if you get too close? That would be an improvement.

My guess is you will run up the buildings even faster :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

daredevil.shark said:
Wait till AC Rogue get announced for PS4 / Xbox One.

Muahahahahahahaha

I'm getting neither, because neither is on Wii U.