By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie says Nintendo’s next console won’t launch until the Wii U is out of potential

Tagged games:

Is Reggie right?

Absolutely 175 51.47%

Yes 50 14.71%

Probably 23 6.76%

Maybe 16 4.71%

No. 46 13.53%

ATARIIIiiiiii 29 8.53%

Total:339

Judging by how dull and forced Miyamoto's Project Guard and Project Giant Robot looked at E3 ... they are already out of ideas.

There won't be another traditional Nintendo console IMO, Wii U is the last one. Their "next console" will simply be a way to play their handheld games on your TV (hence one combined ecosystem). 

So the 3DS successor is in effect the successor to both the 3DS and Wii U. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
vivster said:
That's not good. they dragged Wii along for years after it was out of potential.

Wii U isn't out of potential yet. If they get their shit together they could bring actual JRPGs to the console instead of damning them to a subpar existence on the 3DS.

subpar existence? 3ds has an actual install base to support that genre and the games actually sell alright. They are where they need to be.

Yes, and because ducks like bread so much it needs to be thrown into a lake. There is simply no other bread demographic out there who would enjoy it.

And maybe there are just so many ducks at the lake because there's no bread anywhere else.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
fory77 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Why do people want a new Nintendo console already?
I'd be majorly pissed if id own this console which thank god i dont...And after a year get dropped thus my money gone to shit

Some men just want to watch Nintendo burn.

Nothing wrong with that...

everything wrong with that. I'd rather another one...

Click HERE and be happy 

drake_tolu said:
Ka-pi96 said:
drake_tolu said:

Nah... i think that PS5 will coming in 2020.

You think the PS4 will last 7 years? Regardless of what Sony want I expect Microsoft to try and get out first, maybe in 2018 or so, Sony will then have to try and match that.

I agree with the X2 in 2018, but i still think that PS4 will coming in 2015...

I said:

Wii D: 2017-2018

XBOX TWO: 2018-2019

PS5: 2019-2020

Sony would never release more than one year after x2.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

vivster said:
oniyide said:
vivster said:
That's not good. they dragged Wii along for years after it was out of potential.

Wii U isn't out of potential yet. If they get their shit together they could bring actual JRPGs to the console instead of damning them to a subpar existence on the 3DS.

subpar existence? 3ds has an actual install base to support that genre and the games actually sell alright. They are where they need to be.

Yes, and because ducks like bread so much it needs to be thrown into a lake. There is simply no other bread demographic out there who would enjoy it.

And maybe there are just so many ducks at the lake because there's no bread anywhere else.

people will go to a system that has the games they want. Ducks will go to the lake that has bread. 3ds has the bread. NOW Ninty could take a risk and put the bread on a system that isnt doing too hot. BUt people arent ducks and they will probably most likely say screw taht lake. Ask 360

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:

I hope in "Wii D" in 2019 but... too much.

2017/2018 is more realistic.

My money is on 2018.

I'm not even sure if there will be an "X2".

To be honest I think it's just as likely that MS kills the idea of a dedicated home console if they lose big against Sony this gen.

What they will do is morph "XBox Live" into a game streaming/cloud based service. This actually makes much more sense within Microsoft's overall company strategy too (they are all about the cloud going forward). You won't need any hardware other than a controller.

I think in the next 5-6 years Nintendo will undergo massive shifts too. Their game hardware will become streamlined under one ecosystem primarily based around a tablet like handheld, which has games that can also be played on the TV (if you purchase their seperate "home variant" of course ... Nintendo still likes their console accessory sales). QoL will be a slow burner for them, what will surprise even Nintendo will be the popularity of amiibo, which will push Nintendo to become more of a toy manufacturer and get into new revenue streams like animated movies (the Pikmin shorts hint at this).

Sony will make a physical PS5, but will also start moving more and more into the digital streaming route like MS. Playstation 5 will be the last physical console they make because by PS6 it won't be neccessary anymore. 

Seeing as how very often software > hardware, I just want Nintendo to focus on making great games with great gameplay. Let Sony and Microsoft duke it out on specs.

KLAMarine said:
Seeing as how very often software > hardware, I just want Nintendo to focus on making great games with great gameplay. Let Sony and Microsoft duke it out on specs.

I don't even think that whole Sony-MS dynamic has much gas left in the tank. Like I said I think MS could bail out on physical consoles as soon as next-gen. 

They will keep it till it runs out of sales potential or when the next console is ready whichever happens last