By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Destiny caused 500k+ returns of PS4.

naruball said:
BreedinBull said:
Haha, and here I am thinking it was becuase VGC didn't track "digital console sales" :P

VGC is getting better and better at tracking digital console sales globally and by that I don't mean globally as in all countries but globally in the US. 

Sony is really worried about reducing carbon emission with the digital consoles but it's harder to track globally in murica because NPD don't give numbers for digital consoles or consoles bundled with games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:
GribbleGrunger said:
I wish people would stop making joke threads. I know it's highly amusing to some but it just clutters the forums and makes it harder to find the more important threads.

But this is a serious thread with good investigation put through. And saddly there is a lot of really serious threads that are less important than discover why vgc differs from Sony numbers.

So you're trying to prove Sony wrong and VGC right. Dear oh dear.

Ioi taught me that Sony lies about their sold numbers.

I'm already thinking what will be the cause when Sony announces 20M on January and we have bellow 18M on Vgc, digital consoles is growing so fast that it could be the reason.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
JustBeingReal said:
I take it this is meant to be a joke Destiny released on the 9th of September, Sony's shipment figures of 13.5M go right up to the end of that same month, if retailers had 600k returns they wouldn't have ordered 3.3M over that quarter, they would have ordered 2.7M and Sony would have announced 12.9M consoles shipped.

We have two hypothesis.

First is that the returned units were repacked and Sony counted as new shipments buffing the numbers. I know there are similar claims regarding x360 shipments and rrod warranty/repairs.

Or the systems were so tarnished by destiny that they had to be burn so new systems had to be shipped (no warranty for burnt units so the sales count for shipments).

Or three: VGC are wrong.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:
JustBeingReal said:
I take it this is meant to be a joke Destiny released on the 9th of September, Sony's shipment figures of 13.5M go right up to the end of that same month, if retailers had 600k returns they wouldn't have ordered 3.3M over that quarter, they would have ordered 2.7M and Sony would have announced 12.9M consoles shipped.

We have two hypothesis.

First is that the returned units were repacked and Sony counted as new shipments buffing the numbers. I know there are similar claims regarding x360 shipments and rrod warranty/repairs.

Or the systems were so tarnished by destiny that they had to be burn so new systems had to be shipped (no warranty for burnt units so the sales count for shipments).

Or three: VGC are wrong.

A respectfulmember here taught us not to claim undertracked unless we have evidence (being NPD or equivalent, Sony PR don't count because as said before they lie) even tough vgc history is evidence enough.

DonFerrari said:

A respectfulmember here taught us not to claim undertracked unless we have evidence (being NPD or equivalent, Sony PR don't count because as said before they lie) even tough vgc history is evidence enough.

How can you doubt Vgchartz numbers ? HERETIC !

Kill him with fire !

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
DonFerrari said:

How can you doubt Vgchartz numbers ? HERETIC !

Kill him with fire !

is besides me how someone can doubt the precise numbers on Vgc, NPD and Sony aint thrustworthy.

DonFerrari said:
qwertyDANIELqwerty said:
I am actually laughing about this. It's why you don't buy into the hype of a game, unless you know it'll be good.

The trailler and folks at Bungie warrented me the game was fantastic.

I honestly think qwertyDANIELqwerty took your OP serious.... sad.....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

DonFerrari said:
JustBeingReal said:

We have two hypothesis.

A company cannot call stock something it's not, especially on an official income statement (which is how Sony announced this). A unit produced is a unit produced. A unit that is returned would have to be counted as returned stock, it goes down as a minus on any company stock levels, it's the same with Microsoft and the RROD, the faulty units were returned back to Microsoft, they can't be counted twice, maybe there's a margin for Human error, but to say 600k units basically come out of thin air would be easy to spot and the company would be commiting fraud and they'd have to pay for that, it would also be terrible from a customer relations POV as no one would buy from them, because you couldn't trust their actions.

As for Destiny you realize the game's got more positive feedback than negative right?

Even the worse game in history never tarnished a whole games system, let alone that amount of sales.

All of this is reaching to the highest degree and the simplest, most logical answer to all of this is that VGChartz are undertracking the numbers, which is respectfully correct because Sony's numbers say otherwise, on an official income statement, not even some random marketing announcement.

What actual proof do you have to support this speculation?

Do you really believe what you're saying?

Not make any sense.

Sorry dude, but I think this post is written solely from the rancor seeing good sales ps4.

Why not write links which have seen the return of the ps4 + destiny packs?

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Ant the most interesting thing is all of this ex ps customers bought 2 xbones per ps4 returned... So xbone is 1.2 million undertracked. I expect xbox one to beat ps2 lifetime in less thw six mpnths