By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Bayonetta 2 do well? (Updated with EU numbers)

How much will Bayonetta 2 sell LT?

Less than 500k! 116 17.85%

500k+ 99 15.23%

600k+ 59 9.08%

700k+ 60 9.23%

800k+ 57 8.77%

900k+ 37 5.69%

More than 1 million! 220 33.85%

Total:648

No it didn't. It won't have good legs and I still think it will never reach 1m.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Wow. That's actually not too bad compared to Bayonetta on the PS360. Since it isn't selling in Japan and the WiiU has smaller userbase, I'll guess it will sell 945k lifetime. Possibly over 1 million if the Wii U starts selling.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Nice numbers for a niche game on a console with a small install base.

I remember actually having to explain to some users why it would sell better than The Wonderful 101, and they said there was no reason it would. Well, it's sold as much as W101 did in a year after its first week outside Japan.

It fell out of the top 50 in the UK charts in it's second week. Not looking to good for them legs.

My only hope is that this good numbers encourage them to bring Fatal Frame to America.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
My only hope is that this good numbers encourage them to bring Fatal Frame to America.

It hasn't been stated, but I think we may see it next year if for no other reason than to pad the schedule.  Here's hoping

Extract from Reggies interview.
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-on-dlc-third-parties-mobile-new-hardware-digital-sales/#more-178264
"Compare that to Bayonetta 2. That’s a huge game, and could take up a large part of the memory in the 32-gig Wii U. That’s a game with a digital percent on the lower side, today about 10 percent or so. "

Interesting. So as of launch week (October 25), Bayonetta is at 275,000 to 300,000 total depending on VGChartz accuracy.

Nuvendil said:
Interesting. So as of launch week (October 25), Bayonetta is at 275,000 to 300,000 total depending on VGChartz accuracy.

I won't count too much on vgchartz accuracy, here there is an history of overestimating these kind of releases.

askel50 said:
Nuvendil said:

I won't count too much on vgchartz accuracy, here there is an history of overestimating these kind of releases.

Or underestimating, that's happened several times this year (Hyrule Warriors being a recent one)