By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Bayonetta 2 do well? (Updated with EU numbers)

How much will Bayonetta 2 sell LT?

Less than 500k! 116 17.85%

500k+ 99 15.23%

600k+ 59 9.08%

700k+ 60 9.23%

800k+ 57 8.77%

900k+ 37 5.69%

More than 1 million! 220 33.85%

Total:648

Usa first week numbers for Bayonetta 1 and 2:

Bayonetta PS3 53,049
Bayonetta Xbox 360 91,668
Bayonetta 2 Wii U 121,752

First week numbers for europe:

Bayonetta PS3 46,713
Bayonetta Xbox 360 49,645
Bayonetta 2 Wii U 48,867

After the really disappointing sales in Japan, Bayonetta 2 managed to sell a bit better in the Usa.

Did it do better than you expected?

Will it have legs?

How much will it sell LT?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

It will sell 1m since in its first week it sold almost as good as ps3 and xb360 combined.

It did well, the question will be whether the game will have legs or not.

120K in first day it seems. #NotBad

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I'd say wait and see really.

Around the Network

I did not even manage to chart. Holiday may help, but I don't see anything above 1m.

Wii-U owners have to support their exclusives.

It's done great. Within its first week, it has beat many of the lifetime predictions people have made on this site.

I think it will leg out thanks to Ninty's great backing of the title, the high metacritic score, the value of the overall package, and because WiiU owners don't have many other options.

I promise you that when the next WiiU drought hits, many will remind you to play Bayo 2.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

sabastian said:
I did not even manage to chart. Holiday may help, but I don't see anything above 1m.

Huh? It's on #1 on the US sales chart.

Weekly for 25th october aren't up yet.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

sabastian said:

It debuted #1 in the US

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
It's done great. Within its first week, it has beat many of the lifetime predictions people have made on this site.

I think it will leg out thanks to Ninty's great backing of the title, the high metacritic score, the value of the overall package, and because WiiU owners don't have many other options.

I promise you that when the next WiiU drought hits, many will remind you to play Bayo 2.

It's not though. Dropped out of the Japan charts rapidly, and is out of top 40 UK after 2 weeks.