By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Remake Theory: Majora's Mask 3D to come in 2015, followed by Twilight Princess HD in 2017

Do you agree with villager?

You are a genius!! 33 44.00%

Fricking idiot... 42 56.00%

Total:75
hsrob said:
Not that I wouldn't lie if it were true but the theory is a bit light on evidence. Plus 2017 would be very late for a TP remake.

Didn't stop Ocarina of Time from coming out with a remake 13 years later. Plus TP is the 2nd best selling Zelda game of all time... a fan base is there... wouldn't rule out a remake for it for the Nintendo Fusion around that timeframe....

Around the Network
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
hsrob said:
Not that I wouldn't lie if it were true but the theory is a bit light on evidence. Plus 2017 would be very late for a TP remake.

Didn't stop Ocarina of Time from coming out with a remake 13 years later. Plus TP is the 2nd best selling Zelda game of all time... a fan base is there... wouldn't rule out a remake for it for the Nintendo Fusion around that timeframe....

I meant late in the Wii U's life cycle. I would think if they were going to release something like that, they would do it earlier where it could have more impact.

Am I the only one thinking this isn't entirety crazy? I for one would sure want MM on the 3DS and NOT on the Wii U; they already have that engine upgraded for the 3DS through OoT, it would cost less and would be faster. TP would benefit from a HD port far more than MM.

Edit; although, I'm not quite sure about the dates. But a MM port to 3DS next year would be a smart move. The TP port might take a while though...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

hsrob said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
hsrob said:

I meant late in the Wii U's life cycle. I would think if they were going to release something like that, they would do it earlier where it could have more impact.

I agree it wouldn't be on the Wii U... Nintendo consoles/handheld usually only get 2 Zelda's AT MOST per console life span (a semi exception would be LoZ: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons and Ages... you COULD consider thme 3 different games)... NOT counting unofficial games like 4 Swords,  Link's crossbow trainning, Hyrule Warriors etc.

I can see it happening, except I don't think TP will be on Wii U, more likely it will be on the Nintendo Fusion as a first year title like OoT3D or WWHD were for 3DS/Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I personally wouldn't be surprised if a TP HD was a launch title for the next gen Nintendo console. I'm skeptical though. I think MM3D is possible as a swan-song for the 3DS. So it'll come in whatever 3DS's last year of relevance is if it comes.

Not that I don't want all those things right now though .

Another interesting not is that whenever they release a remake, the other system gets a new mainline title in the same year.

3DS-ocarina of Time 3D
Wii-skyward Sword

Wii U-Wind Waker HD
3DS-Link Between Worlds

3DS-Majora's Mask 3D
Wii U-Legend of Zelda U

Fusion retail-Twilight Princess HD
Fusion eShop-Four Swords sequel

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yeah... hope you are right, but theres no reason to believe it. It really isnt a mathemetical string that is gonna say it.

It depends on what the ocarina 3DS team is doing as far as majora goes. The main team is focusing on Zelda U and since Hyrule warriors just came out, i dont see majora coming until after Zelda U is out. We shall see.

S.Peelman said:

I personally wouldn't be surprised if a TP HD was a launch title for the next gen Nintendo console. I'm skeptical though. I think MM3D is possible as a swan-song for the 3DS. So it'll come in whatever 3DS's last year of relevance is if it comes.

Since MM 3D just got confirmed, does that mean 2015 is last year for 3DS?

S.Peelman said:

TP as a launch title worked for the Wii...

Perhaps it will work for the Wii U's predecessor...

It would be funny if TP was remade for both the Wii U and its predecessor...

Have a nice day...