By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Can Nintendo Do To Appeal To The West?

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
etking said:

Simply make games for grown up players again like Rareware did back in the N64 days. Games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct and also Mario and Zelda games that are much more challenging and less childish.

Those games are dead, thanks to Microsoft.

You can get Perfect Dark on X360 and KI on Xbox One. They're still dead?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
etking said:

Simply make games for grown up players again like Rareware did back in the N64 days. Games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct and also Mario and Zelda games that are much more challenging and less childish.

Those games are dead, thanks to Microsoft.

You can get Perfect Dark on X360 and KI on Xbox One. They're still dead?

Perfect Dark was almost 10 years ago, and Killer Instinct was only recently revived, so I was half right.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Perfect Dark was almost 10 years ago, and Killer Instinct was only recently revived, so I was half right.

And? You can still boot it on X360, matter fact, I haven't played that game yet.

PD has to be rebooted in a different type of game that it was a decade ago.

Goatseye said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

And? You can still boot it on X360, matter fact, I haven't played that game yet.

Indeed.
Perfect Dark released in 2010 on Xbox Live! Arcade showed it had NOT aged at all well, not only in image quality (They tried to improve it! But it's like polishing a turd...), but basic gameplay mechanics.
When the game was first released however, it was an incredible ground breaking experience.

It's a shame, it could have been an IP that's as big as the CoD or Halo's of today, it certainly has the rabid fanbase. (I was one of them!)
It was actually the ONLY reason I bought the origional Xbox Once Microsoft baught RARE, sadly it didn't get released on that platform, luckily Halo came bursting onto the scenes anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Goatseye said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

What do you mean by that? A game is considered dead when it hasn't had a game in a long time. For example, Viva Piñata, F-Zero, and Jak & Daxter are considered dead franchises.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
GTAexpert said:

Nintendo games don't provide more competition, they are very different compared to third-party games. MS/Sony games appeal more to many gamers, and Nintendo gamers don't like third-party games if they aren't Skylanders or Just Dance. That speaks a lot about the demographic.

Obviously Nintendo-gamers like Monster Hunter, Bravely Default and Youkai Watch from third parties. What does that say about the demographics?

Your list consists if Japanese-oriented games, while I'm talking about Western Nintendo gamers.

In general, Nintendo gamers don't like any game which is violent (COD, Darksiders, Assassin's Creed) or have any level of realism (Gran Turismo, The Sims).

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Goatseye said:

What do you mean by that? A game is considered dead when it hasn't had a game in a long time. For example, Viva Piñata, F-Zero, and Jak & Daxter are considered dead franchises.

Are they really dead? You think if VP, F-Zero and J&D get a proper release it won't sell?

Better question
What can MS do to appeal to Japan?

ExplodingBlock said:
Better question

MS doesn't really need Japan audience.

Goatseye said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Better question

MS doesn't really need Japan audience.

You can never have too big an audience