By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Nintendo Q2 profits > Sony gaming division Q2 profits

Which company will have better results come fiscal year end in 2015?

Sony 88 20.00%

Microsoft 82 18.64%

Nintendo 225 51.14%

Ouya 45 10.23%

Total:440
Giggs_11 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Look at all the businessmen in this thread. So many people understand the ins and outs of business here. I'm surprised the industry isn't swamped with dozens of successful console manufacturers, with how many people clearly know exactly why each business is succeeding as well as it is. They all ought to go start their own console making business, because they know so much about it. Competition is good, after all.

It's called reasoning an debating over a topic. You should try it some time, makes people smarter.

Reasoning, right. Because reason is what's going on in this thread.

Around the Network
small44 said:
theprof00 said:
small44 said:

Install base dosn't mean nothing God of war 3 sell more then other god of war despite the huge difference in install base and Uncharted is a very leggy games so when ps4 hit 40 millions the game will still selling well weekly.

Uncharted serie is growing with evety release game i would not be surprised if Uncharted 4 will sell as well as Halo even if not it will still selling a lot over 5 millions

All you're saying is that there's a possibility. None of that is conrete. Yes, gow3 sold more than gow on a lower install base, but gow3 was also a significantly better game than gow. It's the same reason why lbp2 and uc3 didn't sell as much as the previous ones despite a bigger install base. The games simply weren't as good. Same for killzone. KZ2 was amazing, kz3 wasn't. The sales speak for themselves.

Yes, there is a possibility that uc4 can sell 10m, but just because other games and franchises have defied the trend, it doesn't mean that selling 10m is guaranteed. On top of which, let's not look at this from within a vacuum. This isn't about uc4. It's about what will profit more, sony or ninty.

How do you know Uncharted 4 is worst then Uncharted 1 and 2 it's an opinion anyway not everybody think Uncharted 3 is worst then Uncharted 1 and 2.

And it look like it's been a long time since you didn't see Unchated 3 total sale cause Uncharted 3 already outsold Uncharted 2.

I never said uc4 is guarenteed to sell 10m but still possible ,you said Unchated 4 will sell 5 millions max in your previous post Uncharted 4 will definitly do that number it will sell 5 millionx min not max

I know UC3 isn't as good because I've played them. I have some 100 hours on uc2 multiplayer, and I've platinum'd it. It's an excellent game. UC3 isn't nearly as good.

And don't assume things about me. I know facts before I start talking:

1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 2011 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.65 2.63 0.19 1.04 6.50
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 3.18 2.10 0.21 0.96 6.46

Our numbers have it as only 40k more sales. With digital, it's probably maybe 500k higher but not by that much.

Look.

UC4 needs to sell to 1 in 4 ps4 owners to reach 5m.  That's a huge attach rate. It really is. I'm not just pulling shit out of a hat here. destiny is 1 in 4, but is going to be more like 1-5 to 1-6 by the end of holiday. It also had like a billion in marketing, exclusive content, and is made by a ms traitor bungie, on top of the hype. Destiny had everything going for it.

UC4 while a brilliant, and celebrated franchise, just won't be able to match what destiny had. It will probably outsell destiny on ps4, but it won't have that attach rate. It'll be 2-3m at release, then maybe, if it's lucky, 6m by next xmas. One thing that this UC does have in its favor though is that there aren't a huge number of must-haves for ps4. If UC4 manages to fit the space, it could sell more than 5-6m.

HylianSwordsman said:
Giggs_11 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Look at all the businessmen in this thread. So many people understand the ins and outs of business here. I'm surprised the industry isn't swamped with dozens of successful console manufacturers, with how many people clearly know exactly why each business is succeeding as well as it is. They all ought to go start their own console making business, because they know so much about it. Competition is good, after all.

It's called reasoning an debating over a topic. You should try it some time, makes people smarter.

Reasoning, right. Because reason is what's going on in this thread.

People are here debating over a single topic: who do you believe will have better results at the end of fiscal year. Seeing there only 3 options (Ouya was meant has a joke btw) I'm wiling to bet a few people will have reason.

Btw reasoning, as a verb, means "the process of forming conclusions, judgments, or inferences from facts or premises.",  not that you're right. 

Anyway, you're in forum from a site that follows hardware and software sales, yet you judge who debate over this kind of subject. My question is, what you doing here?

theprof00 said:
small44 said:
theprof00 said:
small44 said:

Install base dosn't mean nothing God of war 3 sell more then other god of war despite the huge difference in install base and Uncharted is a very leggy games so when ps4 hit 40 millions the game will still selling well weekly.

Uncharted serie is growing with evety release game i would not be surprised if Uncharted 4 will sell as well as Halo even if not it will still selling a lot over 5 millions

All you're saying is that there's a possibility. None of that is conrete. Yes, gow3 sold more than gow on a lower install base, but gow3 was also a significantly better game than gow. It's the same reason why lbp2 and uc3 didn't sell as much as the previous ones despite a bigger install base. The games simply weren't as good. Same for killzone. KZ2 was amazing, kz3 wasn't. The sales speak for themselves.

Yes, there is a possibility that uc4 can sell 10m, but just because other games and franchises have defied the trend, it doesn't mean that selling 10m is guaranteed. On top of which, let's not look at this from within a vacuum. This isn't about uc4. It's about what will profit more, sony or ninty.

How do you know Uncharted 4 is worst then Uncharted 1 and 2 it's an opinion anyway not everybody think Uncharted 3 is worst then Uncharted 1 and 2.

And it look like it's been a long time since you didn't see Unchated 3 total sale cause Uncharted 3 already outsold Uncharted 2.

I never said uc4 is guarenteed to sell 10m but still possible ,you said Unchated 4 will sell 5 millions max in your previous post Uncharted 4 will definitly do that number it will sell 5 millionx min not max

I know UC3 isn't as good because I've played them. I have some 100 hours on uc2 multiplayer, and I've platinum'd it. It's an excellent game. UC3 isn't nearly as good.

And don't assume things about me. I know facts before I start talking:

1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 2011 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.65 2.63 0.19 1.04 6.50
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 3.18 2.10 0.21 0.96 6.46

Our numbers have it as only 40k more sales. With digital, it's probably maybe 500k higher but not by that much.

Look.

UC4 needs to sell to 1 in 4 ps4 owners to reach 5m.  That's a huge attach rate. It really is. I'm not just pulling shit out of a hat here. destiny is 1 in 4, but is going to be more like 1-5 to 1-6 by the end of holiday. It also had like a billion in marketing, exclusive content, and is made by a ms traitor bungie, on top of the hype. Destiny had everything going for it.

UC4 while a brilliant, and celebrated franchise, just won't be able to match what destiny had. It will probably outsell destiny on ps4, but it won't have that attach rate. It'll be 2-3m at release, then maybe, if it's lucky, 6m by next xmas. One thing that this UC does have in its favor though is that there aren't a huge number of must-haves for ps4. If UC4 manages to fit the space, it could sell more than 5-6m.

Not everybody have the same opinion as you it's not because you find it worse then previous one that eveybody think it's worse then previous one.

Uncharted 2 sold 6.54 in 5 years 2009-2014 uncharted3 in 3 years so the gap will still growing you said uncharted 3 sold less then uncharted 2 it dosn't matter if Uncharted 3  sold only 40k more then Uncharted 2 you still wrong.

Uncharted is a leggy game so install base is not a probem the first Uncharted still sold 77k after 7 years it's huge Uncharted 4 will have good legs too ,plus ps4 install base growing fast it's will sell 5 millions min and time will prove that

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Nintendo wins in profit

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Teeqoz said:

Try harder: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/22/kaz-hirai-the-ps4-is-already-profitable-with-hardware-alone/

The same however can't be said about the Wii U.

And yes, I expect UC4 to do waaaay more than 5 million. When Destiny has managed 3,3 million in a month, on an installbase of ~ 12,3 (most likely undertracked though), I'm sure UC4 will do more.

let's assume software royalties are 10 dollars per game (which is in the right ballpark based on what we know), and let's also say cod sells 7-8 million on PS4+PS3. That's 70-80 million profit from Cod alone. Then we also have GTA:V remastered, which could pull some 3 million maybe. Then there's FarCry 4 which will also do some 3-4 million at least on PS platforms. Then there's LBP3, which will probably have a profit margin of 30$ per copy sold. Even if that only sells 2 million on PS3 and PS4 combined this year, then that's 60 million profit.Then there's all the other software continuosly being sold on the PS3. Add to that profits from hardware (rember I showed you PS4 alone has been profitable since may) of roughly 15 dollars (fairly modest) and assumed sales of 7 million in the holidays, that is another 105 million dollars of profit.

Try harder? Do you know me? I'm a huge playstation guy, but I'm also realistic.

Ok, so I was wrong about ps4 profit on hardware. My bad.
But why are you bringing up WiiU again? I said let's cancel out wiiU and vita because they're probably even in terms of profit.

Again, the question is "which will make more profit, 3ds or ps4". Now, for 3ds we have a brand new smash game (Smash sells in the area of 8m generally) and a new pokemon that everyone is saying looks like the best one ever made, with actual flying. 3DS, with the new console and 2 heavy hitter games is probably going to sell about 7m as well this holiday, if not more.
Check out this thread for sales infor http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192353&page=1#

LBP2 sold 3m, LBP1 5m. Let's just say 4m for this one.
Now we have smash brothers http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=smash&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200
13m. That's going to be more than lbp and uc4 put together.

Then pokemon x/y which sold 11m http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=pokemon&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200
We're probably going to see at least another 10m with pokemon ora.

And now the new 3ds which is 18900 yen, same price as a bundled 3ds, and huge sales this past week in japan.

Yes, ps4 makes good money on third party, but can they outperform ~30m copies of just two games making 30$ profit margin each. That's almost a billion$ alone.

A decent chunk of SSB3DS sales were last quarter. Do you really think SSB 3DS will sell 8 million THIS QUARTER alone? All the numbers I gave were probable numbers for this quarter alone, and SSB 3DS won't get sell 8 million in oct/nov/dec alone. Not even close. Neither will Pokemon. And you can't be serious about the 3DS selling 7 million this quarter, have you seen shipments? It's down a lot YoY, and it's already behind in weekly sales in Japan compared to the same weeks last year despite the N3DS AND MH4G just launching.

We both know that SSB U won't sell 13 million this q alone. More like 3-4.

To answer your question, yes it can. Quite easily.

Nintendos profit was all from interest income and exchange rate- Nintendos operating profit (ie games division) was about $2 million

Sony should just drop the Vita. Should have done it a long time ago.

Giggs_11 said:

People are here debating over a single topic: who do you believe will have better results at the end of fiscal year. Seeing there only 3 options (Ouya was meant has a joke btw) I'm wiling to bet a few people will have reason.

Btw reasoning, as a verb, means "the process of forming conclusions, judgments, or inferences from facts or premises.",  not that you're right. 

Anyway, you're in forum from a site that follows hardware and software sales, yet you judge who debate over this kind of subject. My question is, what you doing here?

Ah, I see. I was more referring to the people who were trying to say why Nintendo Q2 profits were higher than Sony gaming, talking like they had the definitive answer as to why it happened, when it's all speculation and always will be. I wasn't referring to the people who were talking about who will sell more at the end of the fiscal year, a question with a definitive answer that will be revealed eventually.

AkiseAru said:
I thought Nintendo was doomed with the Wii U, lmao :DDD

The 3Ds has a lot more to do with their profitability than the wii U. It is the same for handhelds for all the gens except for the last one with the Wii.