By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible Purchase, help appreciated.

kenzomatic said:
My gosh he just wanted some advice. Not some sony's the greatest your a trader for thinking about X-box logic.

Ive actually seen some more comming from the other side.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
kingofwale said:
mrstickball said:
But why are you giving advice for a console you don't own?

I OWN a X360 FOR THE RPGs. I am in the same catagory of gamer as he is. I despise FPS games, and picked up a 360 for RPGs. You don't own a X360, king, you own a PS3. Your going to say "don't pick up a X360 for one game" because you don't know the library - I do! It'd be like me saying that the PS3 only has one good game (Uncharted). I'd think that because I don't own a PS3, therefore have no real reason to provide guidance on that system. But I own a X360, love JRPGs, and feel that I *might* be able to say that if he wants LO, and his GF want VP, there are more than enough other big games on the X360 to warrant a purchase.

because the user asks if he should buy the console or not, NOT what games he should buy. Why do you have to own the console in the first place?

Besides, he has a pretty good idea about all the library games anyway.

I love how people would automatically recommend the system they own to an user who might or might not even enjoy it (base on his taste of games).

In fact, if he asked if he should pick up a PS3 for FFXIII alone, I'd say no. I'm here to give advice, not trying to sell him my console.

There are 2 games that I would consider to be system sellers. FF13 and SSBB.

disagree. I would say a COMBINATION of 2-3 AAA exclusives are needed.

for PS3, I'd say, Resistance, FFXIII, MGS4

for Xbox, Halo 3, BioShock, Gears

For Wii: SMG, SSBB, MK 

Consoles aren't that cheap anymore, There's no way I would recommend 1-2 AA games as a reason to get any console. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
PooperScooper said:
kenzomatic said:
My gosh he just wanted some advice. Not some sony's the greatest your a trader for thinking about X-box logic.

Ive actually seen some more comming from the other side.

Well now it's turned in too a shouting contest.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Sorry if I repeat my opinion, but I don't understand why some people say that buying a console for two games only (not only one: he mentioned LO & Viva Pinata), is not worth it. I still think it's absolutely okay to buy a console for only a few games (provided you have the money). And his girlfriend wants a 360 for Viva Pinata, what could he ask for more 

If I had the money (and a HD TV), I would buy a 360 for Mass Effect only, a PSP for Lumines only and - in the future - PS3 for White Knights only. If there were more games I'd buy, only time could tell.

kingofwale said:
Astrodust said:

There are 2 games that I would consider to be system sellers. FF13 and SSBB.

disagree. I would say a COMBINATION of 2-3 AAA exclusives are needed.

for PS3, I'd say, Resistance, FFXIII, MGS4

for Xbox, Halo 3, BioShock, Gears

For Wii: SMG, SSBB, MK 

Consoles aren't that cheap anymore, There's no way I would recommend 1-2 AA games as a reason to get any console. 

I agree. That's why I don't own a Wii or 360. Not interested in Halo, Bioshock, or Gears(especially since I can play them on my computer) and I'm not interested in any game on the Wii unless I had a Wii. If I had a Wii I'd buy Zelda, Mario, SSBB but I'm not going to buy one for them.

Around the Network

>I still think it's absolutely okay to buy a console for only a few games (provided you have the money). And his girlfriend wants a 360 for Viva Pinata,

Yeah, but that's a HUGE "if". I mean, if he truly has money, would he come here to ask first? ;)

If I have money, I'd buy a House just for kicks. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well, as I said many times already. I am pretty much sold on 6+ games at this point, as well as around 5 or so this year. I have many others on PS3 I want to play also. I just think Wii is boring, which explains why I haven't sent it in.

I just want to know if I should get an Arcade or a Pro. Do I need a Gold account to download patches and updates? I do not ever see myself using a 360 for online gaming as I am a firm believer than Basic online play should be free, as it has been since the days when I played deathmatches online in Doom2.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

okr said:
Sorry if I repeat my opinion, but I don't understand why some people say that buying a console for two games only (not only one: he mentoned LO & Viva Pinata), is not worh it. I still think it's absolutely okay to buy a console for only a few games (provided you have the money). And his girlfriend wants a 360 for Viva Pinata, what could he ask for more 

If I had the money (and a HD TV), I would buy a 360 for Mass Effect only, a PSP for Lumines only and - in the future - PS3 for White Knights only. If there were more games I'd buy, only time could tell.

Then she should buy the console for the game not him. It's a very dull game to begin with.

If you're interested in 6+ games, get it. Don't get the arcade.

Ikingofwale said:
>I still think it's absolutely okay to buy a console for only a few games (provided you have the money). And his girlfriend wants a 360 for Viva Pinata,

Yeah, but that's a HUGE "if". I mean, if he truly has money, would he come here to ask first? ;)

If I have money, I'd buy a House just for kicks. :)

Well, I do have the money to buy it. That wasn't the problem. I just like to get information before making a purchase. In this case I wanted opinions from gamers like myself (RPG genre) to see if this would be the right choice to make.  Just because I have the money doesn't mean I like to spend it freely.

From what I have read though, it seems like it would be justified in my case. I am very thankful for the information as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!