By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential security issue on PSN (again)

I'm really disapointed with PSN. Im on the fence of paying for the PS Plus, the crap is always down

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network

I wouldn't exactly call this news. Everyone knows how unstable and unsecure that network is. Its a shame really. This is just another reason why gamers are choosing Xbox One. With the reliability and security of Xbox live, to the amazing exclusives, its easy to see why Xbox One is THE place to game this holiday season. Thank you Microsoft. We are humbled.

todd2r said:
I wouldn't exactly call this news. Everyone knows how unstable and unsecure that network is. Its a shame really. This is just another reason why gamers are choosing Xbox One. With the reliability and security of Xbox live, to the amazing exclusives, its easy to see why Xbox One is THE place to game this holiday season. Thank you Microsoft. We are humbled.

Really that's the best joke I've ever read.

In a more serious note, I admit XB has it easier because it's MS behind it. Sony is more hardware focused so they lack the best net infrastructures but they win console-wise time and time again for a reason.  

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
walsufnir said:
Aerys said:

Seriously ? A topic based on Google translation of a news from 4 days ago on an unknown website ? If there was really an issue, why no one else talks about it ?

It's common that you give the company the chance to react and solve the problem before you actively spread the word on the internet.

Who did they contact? Last time I emailed Playstation Customer Support it took a week before I got a reply. :P

walsufnir said:

What in this news is questionable for you? Please elaborate. And why not "again"? Do you want to pretend this is the first time?

Repliable source or not, it's still a little funny. 'Again' is just pandering. No company is without problems from hackers, in this case no information is lost and hasn't been hacked.

Hmm, pie.

It did happen once so I see nothing wrong with the "again" part of the title.

Some people might be terribly offended by it though.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
cutzman25 said:

I'm really disapointed with PSN. Im on the fence of paying for the PS Plus, the crap is always down

99% uptime isn't 'always down'. If you don't want to pay for PS Plus, don't, it optional after all. Which is the freedom of our gaming habbits on all formats, you pay for what you want from your console. I don't pay for PS Plus but then I don't agree with paying for online gaming.

Hmm, pie.

Anfebious said:
It did happen once so I see nothing wrong with the "again" part of the title.

Some people might be terribly offended by it though.

Maybe people want hard numbers.. like second time, third time, 99th time!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Both of you all could improve your behavior and posting style on VGC. And the other one shouldnt chime in just to rile them up further.

However for the incident, PSN obviously has a history in security issues but I also think because of that Sony will be more responsible for such events. If something like that were to happen again, which i dont believe will, Sony will let us know about the issue in a much more timely manner.  With that said, i dont store my credit card on either XBL or PSN.  Amazon's Digital cards ftw ;)

Sounds like some IT guy is trying to blackmail Sony into paying him to point out a vulnerability that may or may not exist.

EDIT: This thread is hilarious.

JayWood2010 said:

Both of you all could improve your behavior and posting style on VGC. And the other one shouldnt chime in just to rile them up further.

However for the incident, PSN obviously has a history in security issues but I also think because of that Sony will be more responsible for such events. If something like that were to happen again, which i dont believe will, Sony will let us know about the issue in a much more timely manner.  With that said, i dont store my credit card on either XBL or PSN.  Amazon's Digital cards ftw ;)

Yes mr high and mighty.

-User was moderated for this post-

Mummelmann