By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential security issue on PSN (again)

Sony should fix it.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

I'm so scared....OP has an agenda.

Don't worry Gooch, Imma going to protect you.

Tachikoma said:
Imaginedvl said:

Oh.. So if you put this machine in the right environment the average time for this specific virus that existed at this specific time was 4 minutes... 
Can you please, tell me where in that you see that Windows XP will get infected no matter what in 10 seconds while connected to any network like stated by his/her? Because you know, this is the thing, I just replied to this specific non-sense and explained something that is a fact... WINDOWS is everywhere... And yes it has a LOT LOT LOT of virus/malwares because of that. Nobody (I certainly did not) is aguing with that. 

Now if you want to argue, we can argue about the fact that either you think Microsoft is doing crappy softwares with a lot of security holes in it while other OS as super safe and will not get as many virus/malware if there were also sharing 96% of the marketshare. We have a good topic to argue here at least :)

you need to chillax and stop taking it so personally, i brought up the tidbit about windows XP as purely an anecdote about the state of the internet and the viruses rife across it.

I simply stated a "an xp machine on a fresh install connected to the net will contract a virus or malware within 10 seconds of being connected", that's an average, the above graph tamron posted is "time to own" which is the time it takes for the computer to be completely taken over and at the mercy of a remote user/drone, the graph shows a good 90% of that time frame of TTO being well below 4 minutes, to simply be infected or suffer a malware exploit that time frame would be even less.

Microsoft no longer support windows XP, to it's left to the user to defend themselves if they actually want to, for an unknown reason, use windows xp on the internet today.

Again, this is just a casual tidbit of info, so stop taking it like i just insulted your mother or something.

You know what, when you are talking about taking things personnaly and chilling out it is just closing the door to any intelligent conversation.We can talk or Argue about a lot of things and it is fine. And if you say something that makes non-sense like this 10 seconds thing, be prepared to get some replies about it and if the only way to respond is to bring this kind of comment (bold), you should not be posting at all :)

Imaginedvl said:

You know what, when you are talking about taking things personnaly and chilling out it is just closing the door to any intelligent conversation.We can talk or Argue about a lot of things and it is fine. And if you say something that makes non-sense like this 10 seconds thing, be prepared to get some replies about it and if the only way to respond is to bring this kind of comment (bold), you should not be posting at all :)

And yet the evidence shows it isn't nonsense.

Tachikoma said:
tiffac said:

Yes its a big deal, it means free games!

Come on Sony I'm waiting! Don't ruin our dreams here... :(

Jokes on you, the free game is driveclub.

haa!! keep dreaming!