By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Overtracked, 300k+, Xbox One-Wii U gap down to 550k?

kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:
Having WiiU at 7M and X1 6M roughly at September ends puts Ps4 1M away from hitting 50% at the end of this month I think we may see it be bellow 500k. Everything goes right Ps4 shall make 50% around the time X1 pass WiiU.

So we should reduce the WiiU after this shipment number but not increase the One after MS shipmnt numbers?  Please dont say bu but they didnt tell us.  Common sense tells us.

Sell through, the ONE is 6.5m minimum, the WiiU is 7m maximum.

6.5 is more like the maximum for Xb one. Given the launches and all for Xb one in September, 1 million in the supply chain is more than reasonable, and less than 1 million is unlikely, and 7.5M shipped for Xb one is the upper end of the estimate.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Lots of litte pokes and snarky comments in here, if this thread doesn't calm down we're going to have to lock it and there have been quite a few reports already.

It is a legitimate topic to discuss but there are good and bad ways of discussing.

I don't mind pokes at me :P

This needs to be discussed somewhere though, big news.

binary solo said:
kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:
Having WiiU at 7M and X1 6M roughly at September ends puts Ps4 1M away from hitting 50% at the end of this month I think we may see it be bellow 500k. Everything goes right Ps4 shall make 50% around the time X1 pass WiiU.

So we should reduce the WiiU after this shipment number but not increase the One after MS shipmnt numbers?  Please dont say bu but they didnt tell us.  Common sense tells us.

Sell through, the ONE is 6.5m minimum, the WiiU is 7m maximum.

6.5 is more like the maximum for Xb one. Given the launches and all for Xb one in September, 1 million in the supply chain is more than reasonable, and less than 1 million is unlikely, and 7.5M shipped for Xb one is the upper end of the estimate.

I agree, if only for the US ratio being 60%. I reckon sold is around 6.2m~ end of September.

EU numbers are harder to track because of the many countries it has, so I'm not too impressed to see varying numbers not only for wiiU but nay other console as well.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Yeah that sucks. 3DS too. VGC ruined me .

EDIT: At least they've gotten a bit richer again. More or less broke even on operating results and managed a decent profit including everything else.

Smash for 3DS at over 3.22m, Tomodachi at over 3.12m, those are good results. Both undertracked here or have huge digital sales. Too bad they don't mention other titles aside from Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors "gaining popularity". WiiU is also, though disappointing as always, up times 3 compared to last Q2 at least. Still, 3DS is down considerably. New 3DS was really needed to boost sales.

Around the Network

Just to add my 2 cents; I don't understand how anyone can argue against the Wii U being overtracked at this point. 7.29 million shipped by Sept. 30th and an actual sellthrough of 7.44 million on Oct. 18th would imply at least one of the following points:

1: The Wii U sold through every single unit in the previous shipment, effectively leaving zero stock, despite there being no reports in any region or from any chain or vendor of shortages or stock issues and have continued selling through every single unit in stock in October. We also know that some stores actually shipped units back due to excess stock about a year ago...

2: They did have surplus stock by Sept. 30th and have shipped an obscene amount (relatively) in the beginning of October and have actually sold about 120-140k per week in October and seen an unprecedented rise of weeky sales in the 110-180% region or so for no good reason at all.

3: Nintendo is confused themselves over the definition of shipped vs sold, could be a side effect of Iwata's recent surgery, perhaps he was drowsy from the anesthetic and made a mistake that everyone in the management somehow overlooked (they may have been operated on as well).

Mummelmann said:

Just to add my 2 cents; I don't understand how anyone can argue against the Wii U being overtracked at this point. 7.29 million shipped by Sept. 30th and an actual sellthrough of 7.44 million on Oct. 18th would imply at least one of the following points:

1: The Wii U sold through every single unit in the previous shipment, effectively leaving zero stock, despite there being no reports in any region or from any chain or vendor of shortages or stock issues and have continued selling through every single unit in stock in October. We also know that some stores actually shipped units back due to excess stock about a year ago...

2: They did have surplus stock by Sept. 30th and have shipped an obscene amount (relatively) in the beginning of October and have actually sold about 120-140k per week in October and seen an unprecedented rise of weeky sales in the 110-180% region or so for no good reason at all.

3: Nintendo is confused themselves over the definition of shipped vs sold, could be a side effect of Iwata's recent surgery, perhaps he was drowsy from the anesthetic and made a mistake that everyone in the management somehow overlooked (they may have been operated on as well).

Noooo Mummel, don't give people here more ammunition, I swear I didn't think this would need explaining in the year 2014 but alas :(

Seece said:
Mummelmann said:

Noooo Mummel, don't give people here more ammunition, I swear I didn't think this would need explaining in the year 2014 but alas :(

Nah, I think we can safely rule them all out, to be honest. I'm surprised there is still this much confusion and debate around the whole shipped vs sold in shipment reports, I thought this would have been cleared up in the past 5-6 years. Guess I was wrong.

Well, the said that in July -September.

Meanwhile in the present world, were at the end of october. The wii u couldve had 100k+ since the end of September

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mummelmann said:

Nintendo on bare minimum has sold 120K Wii U's in October or max of 150-165K...

There are at least by end of Oct 7.3 million Wii U's sold to consumers...