By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 delayed til March 08?

Saw this on PS3forums: 

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=72689

Got this in my email today

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000316

Old Release Date - 9/1/2007
New Release Date - 3/1/2008

Thank you for visiting EBgames.com!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. EBGames.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible.

Around the Network

*cue JohnLucas* A delay is not unexpected. Can't debut a game you want to sell 5 million on a console which has sold 6 million.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Well its true that it would be a smart move for Konami. We all know each console is going to considerably grow its userbase this holiday season, thats just a fact. And Im sure MGS4 has a very substantial budget. And its not multi platform to help with its profits. It sucks that PS3 would lose its primary killer ap for this holiday season but Konami has the right to make sure they release on a userbase that can support their game.

I dont care, let them polish it all they want, Im going to buy it and a PS3 with it anyway. Maybe this will increase the chances the PS3 will price drop before I go buy one? I also think it was smart too, MGS4 would have been facing some incredibly stiff competition from both 360 and Wii's lineup, not to mention a whole SLEW of new games for PS3 also. Seriously, why risk getting buried. 

I guess thats the last "killer app" for the PS3 in 2007?

Edit, barring any original IP's or sleeper hits.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Erik Aston said:
*cue JohnLucas* A delay is not unexpected. Can't debut a game you want to sell 5 million on a console which has sold 6 million.

LoL. Totally agree.

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:

Right on time Erik Aston

*Ahem* 

http://www.popzart.com/?page=view&topic=267

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Go ahead and start playing Taps for the PS3. Give it a 21 gun salute. It's over. The 360 and Wii are going to annihilate it this year and by next year, it will be largely irrelevent. MGS was the PS3s only hope this year. There isn't a single other game coming out for it that will move units in significant numbers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

its comming in 08 because they are working on xbox 360 version thats why!

Gamestop decides on a release date by throwing darts. Hell Gamestop last month had FFXIII dated for 9/1/07.

rocketpig said:
Go ahead and start playing Taps for the PS3. Give it a 21 gun salute. It's over. The 360 and Wii are going to annihilate it this year and by next year, it will be largely irrelevent. MGS was the PS3s only hope this year. There isn't a single other game coming out for it that will move units in significant numbers.

I wouldnt say MGS4 would have moved it in significant numbers anyhow, its a Non Factor in Japan

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play