By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any game(s) that you would recommend that's like 999 and Virtue's Last Reward?

Hey guys, just finished up 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. Awesome visual novels that can be super creepy and have mind bending plot twists!

For those that have played it, are there any other games like them that you would recommend?

Around the Network

The Danganronpa games

Saya no Uta is super creepy and has mind blowing plot twists.

SMT... >.>

If you haven't watched the anime then i'd definitely give Steains;Gate a go. It's a lot more focused on the novel side of VNG's, but the plot fits the description of "super creepy and have mind bending plot twists!" :p

I've also heard good things about Danganronpa, but i haven't had the chance to try them yet (have the first sitting on my shelf).

Around the Network

DS has Time Hollow and Lux Pain.

Time Hollow is decent, but Lux Pain has engrish troubles....

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

RenCutypoison said:

I think OP wants to be creeped out, not traumatised lol.

Still need to get that game one day though.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

RenCutypoison said:

Only played it through once, ended up super upset with what happened. Definitely made the wrong decision ='(

Danganronpa is probably a good choice if you liked 999 and VLR.

Other than that, I cannot emphasize "ACE ATTORNEY" strongly enough.

The first 3 games are available on iOS and Android and work very well on those platforms (unlike most mobile ports of console games). If that's not your jam, they'll be on the 3DS eShop in December.

ktay95 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Only played it through once, ended up super upset with what happened. Definitely made the wrong decision ='(

Protip about Gen uroboshi scenaris : No matter how good the decision they take, it always ends up wrong. Always.