By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW hardware + US software 18th October 2014

Ka-pi96 said:
daredevil.shark said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
So um..........Wii U.........your getting kicked from all sides.

Unfortunately its true. Their home console is in decline since SNES (Wii is an exception). 3ds is facing competition from smartphones. It wont hit ds numbers. But when you start thinking nintendo is out of the race they come back.

I disagree. I think it's a good thing they are failing so bad. There is no other way that they will get over their arrogance and actually make a console that can compete for hardcore gamers.

I hope your right!

I can't stand watching them fail and fail.....

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Why are people claiming the PS4 is overtracked? If anything, it's still being undertracked overall, but it's good to see that they've adjusted it somewhat.

by what logic? because it was undertracked in summer it has to be undertracked in fall, too?

btw. ps4 is overtracked in the us by 70k units

imho everything is possible right now. undertracked, overtracked or near spot on ( +/- 150 - 200k worldwide)

Because it was undertracked since the launch, everytime sony announced official sales

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Big numbers and big adjustment for ps4, again. N3ds still doing well in japan, wonder how it's going to fare in the west.

PS4 you're scary son.

Lol I can't wait until Wednesday to show just how much the Wii U has been over tracked.

PS4 is doing amazingly well everywhere.

New 3DS really helping in Japan. 2015 will be interesting to see once it's launched WW.

Besides one week in September, the One has been over 100k since the first week of September. Next week will decide if the One can stay over 100k for the rest of 2014.

LOLU.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Nem said:
The weekly numbers for X1 are dodgy to say the least. They spike up one week, spike down the next. It makes no sense. Something is off there.

That happens because VGC overtracks it then inevitably has to adjust it down to fit real life. 

See Destiny review has no effect on it it's leg it's not bad at all

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

wary-wallaroo said:
Nem said:
The weekly numbers for X1 are dodgy to say the least. They spike up one week, spike down the next. It makes no sense. Something is off there.

That happens because VGC overtracks it then inevitably has to adjust it down to fit real life. 

Too bad GFK's data isn't public or can be leaked like NPD's data. Now, we might not even be able to get NPD leaks because of Aquamarine's self-ban on GAF.

Do you still think X1 has a chance to beat PS4 during Halo week ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Do you still think X1 has a chance to beat PS4 during Halo week ?

In NA, maybe it'll be enought to help the X1 edge it out....WW, not even close. In fact, the PS4 could easily beat it 2 to 1 WW during Halo week.

Now, if you're asking me whether VGC will show it as "winning" then yea, they probably will.